Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starships in a map?

Page: 1 of 1
 Matt-Liell
01-30-2004, 2:02 PM
I know it can be done, I'm pretty sure I know how, but my question is, is there any way of slowing down their speed in your map so the pilot does smash into the wall a soon as he gets it flying, itd be kinda like a patrol vehicle in my map if I can get it to work.
 lauser
01-30-2004, 2:24 PM
A starship in your map? Like the Imperial starships? If thats what you have in mind then Good Luck on that. I think a map the size of the ENTIRE grid would be too small for such a ship regarding scale. I mean are you aware how big those ships are? Even half of a starship could be a FFA map!! The grid itself is only 64,000 units square. I think you need a map minimum 120,000 units. Maybe in JK2. But it would NEVER compile. I'm suspecting you are talking about something else. Because what I'm thinking is absolutely insane.

Suggestion: make a map like the S/P RAIL map in JA. Give the illusuion of flying while still having a very large map of a starship interior.
 Matt-Liell
01-30-2004, 2:28 PM
No not like a star destroyer I just meanlike an x-wing or a tie fighter
 alexx860
01-30-2004, 5:10 PM
Look here : Mini Ties (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2297/)

:D

alexx860 ;)
 Matt-Liell
01-30-2004, 7:59 PM
Thanks for the help but thats not entirely what I needed but I went through some scripts and found where to change the speed of the vehicles and its working fine.
 alexx860
01-31-2004, 6:03 AM
for the speed, etc.. look .veh files, in all assets.pk3
Page: 1 of 1