Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan's cape question

Page: 1 of 1
 Syphadeus
01-30-2004, 9:45 AM
I enjoy playing using the Darth Revan character model (I've completed my previous two games using this model).

One thing about it does bother me though, and that's the clipping issues with his cape. More specifically - the way in which his feet can be seen passing through it from behind when he's running.

I know the reason for this is because his cape is a static mesh on his model, and since it was never intended for use in the game, there would have been no reason to make it any other way. I'm interested to know though, if it's possible for one of you MOD people to apply some sort of deformation or clipping system to it?

In the cutscene on Dantooine (the one where we see a young Malak and Revan looking for the Star Map), Darth Revan can be seen pacing from left to right. His cape flows over his feet more realistically, without clipping through the cape and looks as though it's using some form of cloth physics.
I don't know if this is possible, but I'd be very interested to be informed by somebody who would know this. The normal Revan and Star Forge robes kind of bend at the bottom when the character is running, so I wonder if it's possible to make his cape do something similar to prevent the clipping?
 Darth Stryke
01-30-2004, 1:07 PM
Until we figure out the model format, we cannot do this. However, there might be a way to make it so the cape is removed. Just change that part of the texture file to pure black and it will be invisible.
 Psycho Monkey
01-30-2004, 9:25 PM
First of all, the Revan model in that cutscene is not the same model you use in-game. This is a pre-rendered movie clip, and that model wouldn't even be in the game itself. Second of all, untill we are able to edit game models in an external program like 3D studio MAX or (my favorite) Maya, we can not apply a cloth deformation.
In other words, and to be blunt, deal with it. :p
 Syphadeus
01-31-2004, 9:14 AM
Thanks for the info.

I can quite easily deal with it. I didn't know if it was even possible in the first place, that's why I asked the question - to find out if it is possible and/or if it might be possible in the future.
Page: 1 of 1