Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Sith Armor Colors

Page: 1 of 1
 Zod
01-29-2004, 3:29 AM
I made Green, Blue and Orange. But I don't know how to get them in game. So does anyone know how I can do this?
 Kitty Kitty
01-29-2004, 3:50 AM
Depends. Do you just want to replace the usual silver, or do you want them to be new items in addition to the normal one?

If you choose to make them "unique items", you'll either have to know how to do scripting well enough to place them somewhere in the game.. or use cheat codes to create them once you're in game. Because the plot as written, not counting random treasures like credits and medpacks etc, is locked into which items you'll find where and when.. unless as mentioned, you alter a script here or there.. But that's a lot more complex than simple item editing, just as a head's up. :)

If all you want to do is replace the original silver sith armor with one of the new ones, name the new texture the same as the original was (it might be N_SithSoldier01.tga, but I'm not certain) and drop it in the override folder.

-Kitty
 Zod
01-29-2004, 4:41 AM
I want to make them new items and use cheat codes to get them ingame.
 Kitty Kitty
01-29-2004, 5:14 AM
Open up kotor_tool (or whatever you like to use to explore the bif files, but this works best IMO) and load up the BIFs. When you can, open the tree (click the + by BIFs) and look for "templates.bif" Click that plus, and go way down to find "ptar_sitharmor"

When you get to it, double click to bring up the GFFEditor (you will have needed to DL this seperately and put it in the same folder as kotor_tool is in).

Click the plusses in GFFEditor to open up the trees. Under "PropertiesList", find the "1". Under that, look for "Subtype"

Now.. if your appearance.2da is NOT modified, change the subtype from 28 to 509. If your appearance.2da IS modified (by some other mod), change it to the first number that does not exist in the leftmost colum of the appearance.2da in your override folder. You can check by using kotor_tool and opening the 2da directly from the override folder. If you don't even find one there, it's not modified, and you can just use 509.

Also, at the very bottom of the GFFEditor window, change Tag and TemplateResRef to both read whatever you're going to call this instead of ptar_sitharmor.

Now then.. in GFF Editor, once you've changed this subtype value, click File, Save As. Path your way to the override folder, and give it whatever name you put in Tag and TemplateResRef.

REPEAT all those steps for EACH new color sith armor you want, making the number for the subtype 1 higher each time, and changing the name for the tag etc to make each one unique before saving it to the override folder.

Once you've done that for every color you want to add, you can close the GFF Editor and instead, open your Appearance.2da file (either from the 2da.bif in kotor_tool if it hasn't been modified, or directly from the 2da editor in the override folder if it has.

For every new armor you made, you're going to make a line in appearance.2da. The first colum is just a number, and should be one higher than the last line. It also needs to match whatever you entered for each subtype, so pay attention to which was which or your colors will be mixed up.

Once you have the appearance.2da open, find the line which begins with the number 28. You can highlight this whole line by clicking in the grey box left of the box containing the number 28, and then CTRL-C copys the whole line.

You cannot paste it as a whole line in the editor however, so paste it to notepad as a temporary reference.

Now go to the bottom of the file. In the first empty box on the left colum, enter the number next in sequence (should be 509 unless yours is already modified). In all the boxes across the row, make them look exactly like the line you copied, EXCEPT the following:
Make Label the same as the filename you saved those templates as earlier (one template name per line obviously).
Make the texa field the name of your custom texture file for this color armor. Do NOT include the .tga extention in this field however.

Repeat all that line by line until you've added all the new lines you need (one per new color) and then write the appearance.2da file (save it) to the Override folder.

Whew.. sounds complex, but it's not really so bad. Just follow the steps very carefuly. Sorry for the length and all.. it's a lot harder to explain than to just do it hehe ;)

In game, you'd type "giveitem whatever_you_named_it" with no spaces or extentions. So be sure you named things with underscores if you need spaces in the names (like sith_armor).

-Kitty
 JacenRPrime
01-29-2004, 7:02 PM
Hey, I have a question.
Since you did the Red Sith Armor, and are doing these, do you think you could maybe also do the Red and Yellow variants of the Mandalorian Assault Armor as seen on enimies, including the helmet? (The Assault Armor has the helmet on it)
 Zod
01-30-2004, 4:11 AM
Thanks Kitty it worked!
I still have a little bit to do then I'll release it
http://macgyver.shackspace.com/kotor/colorsith.jpg)

Originally posted by JacenRPrime
Hey, I have a question.
Since you did the Red Sith Armor, and are doing these, do you think you could maybe also do the Red and Yellow variants of the Mandalorian Assault Armor as seen on enimies, including the helmet? (The Assault Armor has the helmet on it)
I'll get right on it :)
 Zod
01-30-2004, 4:56 AM
Here's the Red and Gold Mandalorian Assault Armor
http://macgyver.shackspace.com/kotor/redgold_mandalorian.zip)
http://macgyver.shackspace.com/kotor/mando.jpg)

To install just unzip everything into the Override folder
------------------------------------------------------------
To get Red Mandalorian Assault Armor go into the consol and type

giveitem g_a_redmando

or for Gold Mandalorian Assault Armor just type

giveitem g_a_goldmando
 Zod
01-30-2004, 5:42 AM
Here's the Green, Blue, Red, Orange and Normal Sith Armors
http://macgyver.shackspace.com/kotor/colorsitharmor.zip)
 JacenRPrime
01-30-2004, 6:30 PM
koolies! Wow.....so many colors....it would be a cool to have more colors for the Assault Armor....I really got to learn how to mod.
 Winduwt105
03-09-2004, 7:17 PM
Awesome!! you should change the color of the armors when in the selection creen.
 Claumanic
04-18-2004, 10:34 AM
someday,somehow il make mi own armor,weapon..
 Darth_ToMeR
05-06-2004, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty
Open up kotor_tool (or whatever you like to use to explore the bif files, but this works best IMO) and load up the BIFs. When you can, open the tree (click the + by BIFs) and look for "templates.bif" Click that plus, and go way down to find "ptar_sitharmor"

When you get to it, double click to bring up the GFFEditor (you will have needed to DL this seperately and put it in the same folder as kotor_tool is in).

Click the plusses in GFFEditor to open up the trees. Under "PropertiesList", find the "1". Under that, look for "Subtype"

Now.. if your appearance.2da is NOT modified, change the subtype from 28 to 509. If your appearance.2da IS modified (by some other mod), change it to the first number that does not exist in the leftmost colum of the appearance.2da in your override folder. You can check by using kotor_tool and opening the 2da directly from the override folder. If you don't even find one there, it's not modified, and you can just use 509.

Also, at the very bottom of the GFFEditor window, change Tag and TemplateResRef to both read whatever you're going to call this instead of ptar_sitharmor.

Now then.. in GFF Editor, once you've changed this subtype value, click File, Save As. Path your way to the override folder, and give it whatever name you put in Tag and TemplateResRef.

REPEAT all those steps for EACH new color sith armor you want, making the number for the subtype 1 higher each time, and changing the name for the tag etc to make each one unique before saving it to the override folder.

Once you've done that for every color you want to add, you can close the GFF Editor and instead, open your Appearance.2da file (either from the 2da.bif in kotor_tool if it hasn't been modified, or directly from the 2da editor in the override folder if it has.

For every new armor you made, you're going to make a line in appearance.2da. The first colum is just a number, and should be one higher than the last line. It also needs to match whatever you entered for each subtype, so pay attention to which was which or your colors will be mixed up.

Once you have the appearance.2da open, find the line which begins with the number 28. You can highlight this whole line by clicking in the grey box left of the box containing the number 28, and then CTRL-C copys the whole line.

You cannot paste it as a whole line in the editor however, so paste it to notepad as a temporary reference.

Now go to the bottom of the file. In the first empty box on the left colum, enter the number next in sequence (should be 509 unless yours is already modified). In all the boxes across the row, make them look exactly like the line you copied, EXCEPT the following:
Make Label the same as the filename you saved those templates as earlier (one template name per line obviously).
Make the texa field the name of your custom texture file for this color armor. Do NOT include the .tga extention in this field however.

Repeat all that line by line until you've added all the new lines you need (one per new color) and then write the appearance.2da file (save it) to the Override folder.

Whew.. sounds complex, but it's not really so bad. Just follow the steps very carefuly. Sorry for the length and all.. it's a lot harder to explain than to just do it hehe ;)

In game, you'd type "giveitem whatever_you_named_it" with no spaces or extentions. So be sure you named things with underscores if you need spaces in the names (like sith_armor).

-Kitty I'm trying to make a new Robe... I success to get him with cheats, but the texture didn't change, and i changed the TGA file... What to do/?
 WindraSkywalker
01-20-2009, 10:37 AM
What if the item has 2 textures like darth nihilus robe? how do i write them in the 'texa' field?
Page: 1 of 1