Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spawnscripts

Page: 1 of 1
 shukrallah
01-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Here my problem, and a question:

Lets say i make a map, that has NPCs walking around in MP. Just walking around (its possible) (http://pcgamemods.com/4094/) Say the scriptrunner i use is connect to a trigger_once (ill loop the NPCs movements) would that affect any player joining the server the map is used on since they havnt hit the trigger? Thats something im worrying about. I tried to get it to be a spawn script, so no one has to hit a trigger, but the script didnt do anything. I set the worldspawn like this:

spawscript
folder/script

but nothing happend... :( thats how you get vehicles to respawn (or one way) but anyways... i guess either i did something wrong, or a spawnscript cant be a complicated script. Any ideas?
 Leslie Judge
01-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Erm... here's an idea. Actually Raven used the technique in JO (SP).

Create a target_scriptrunner which will run the script and target one of the NPCs to the target_scriptrunner. This way as soon as the NPC spawns it will trigger the scriptrunner. No need for a trigger_once.

However I think trigger_once is named intentionally. :) So it will trigger only once and no more. I'm not sure if it is reseted when new round starts though.
 shukrallah
01-29-2004, 1:03 PM
hmm... sounds good, ill try that out :)
Page: 1 of 1