Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I need some help...

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles87
01-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Ok, I am a complete n00b at this, I just decided I wanted to make a series of admin mods. Can someone give me the basics, maybe some links to good tutorials related to this, tell me what programs I'd need? Thank you I'd really appreciatte it!
 Achilles87
01-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Hmmm... you know, that really helped alot! C'mon, I know someone here knows what I need.
 VSYoda1
01-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Well I'm a noob too but I'll help, I know a little about Admin commands (becuase Lee Oates taught me :) )

You start with your basic command structure something like:

else if (Q_stricmp(cmd, "amyourcommand") == 0)
{
if (trap_Argc() > 1)
{
char sArg[MAX_STRING_CHARS];
int entNum = 0;

trap_Argv( 1, sArg, sizeof( sArg ) );

entNum = G_ClientNumFromNetname(sArg);

if (entNum >= 0 && entNum < MAX_GENTITIES)
{
gentity_t *targetEnt = &g_entities[entNum];

if (targetEnt ->inuse && targetEnt ->client)
{
//Here is where you put where ever command you want like:
targetEnt ->health = -999;
}
}
}
}
 MasterSidious
01-30-2004, 11:42 PM
I can help too. I am trying to do this myself with only a little bit of C experience. I'm TRYING to get some source code for an admin mod from two different people but they can't seem to help. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's a good tut/resource(you're gunna have to take it slow, but it will get u there ;)):

very good cvar (e.g. admin password) and and admin cmds (http://www.planetquake.com/code3arena/articles/article9.shtml)

And you're gunna need Visual C++ 7.0 (usually runs at $100 its called .NET)

That should do it. BTW, who is Lee Oates? Maybe she could help me too? :)

VSYoda1 do you know any way I could make an "/amlogin <password> cmd? Like some actual code? Just curious :)
 Achilles87
01-31-2004, 5:15 PM
ok thanks guys! You really helped! And Lee Oates is a famous admin modder.
 Achilles87
01-31-2004, 5:18 PM
oh and I just orderd Visual C++ 5 Proffesional Edition, that should be fine, right?
 MasterSidious
01-31-2004, 5:31 PM
I'm sorry, but you're gunna need .NET for this. The Jedi Academy SDK (the source code you're gunna need to change) is in .sln which can only be run using .NET. I don't think you can change the .NET formatting (.sln) into the Visual C++ 5.0 format (I think that's .dsw).

BTW, anyway I could contact Lee Oates? :)
 Achilles87
01-31-2004, 6:06 PM
Ok, I found this, 'Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Standard 2002'

Would this work?
 MasterSidious
01-31-2004, 7:06 PM
That will work :)

BTW, I have now figured out how to do a lot of admin cmds like:
1. amlogin <password>
2. How to set a cvar that will set the password
3. How to make cmds work for yourself and separately how to make cmds work for you alone. So please PM me if you need some source code or anything :)

Keep in mind though that I'm learning this myself just now, but I have some source code already ;).
 MasterSidious
01-31-2004, 7:07 PM
BTW, to everyone admin modder out there. I think that some good admin source code would be very good to give out to the public, even if that source code would be a source.txt ;)
 razorace
02-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Achilles87
ok thanks guys! You really helped! And Lee Oates is a famous admin modder.

I thought he did the duelers mod. I'd hardly consider that an admin mod.
 Achilles87
02-01-2004, 3:09 PM
Well he helped with Admin mods ;)
 VSYoda1
02-01-2004, 8:09 PM
Yah, Lee Oates is like the god of server side coding. I learned a lot from him. He's (or she, I haven't talked to him about anything more than coding) actually a very nice person and very helpful. He's working on JA Duelers Mod right now. I've got a some admin source code for using guns for specifying a target if you want that too?
 MasterSidious
02-01-2004, 9:05 PM
Please give me all the source code you have to mastersidious_6@hotmail.com

I'm working on an admin variable right now that will end admin cmds if you're not an admin and how to declare this admin variable?

Thanks!
 Achilles87
02-02-2004, 1:16 AM
Yes please email me all the source codes to bears8703@yahoo.com .

Thank you so much!
 VSYoda1
02-02-2004, 7:51 PM
I sent you guys the code, if you use it please give me credit. :)
Page: 1 of 1