Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Release date?

Page: 1 of 1
 Whimseyboy
01-28-2004, 12:53 AM
I am new to the whole star wars battlefront but so far it sounds like battlefield 1942 or what ever. But when it does come out I sure hope its a single player and not multiplayer like galaxies not like I dont like that game its just I hate to pay to play. so if your would be so gracious to tell me it would be greatly apprecited.
thx
:fett:
 lukeiamyourdad
01-28-2004, 1:03 AM
They're planning the release for this fall but other then that, there's nothing clearly stating exactly when they'll release the game.
 Pie™
01-28-2004, 7:24 AM
Originally posted by Whimseyboy
I am new to the whole star wars battlefront but so far it sounds like battlefield 1942 or what ever. But when it does come out I sure hope its a single player and not multiplayer like galaxies not like I dont like that game its just I hate to pay to play. so if your would be so gracious to tell me it would be greatly apprecited.
thx
:fett: It's not gonna be a pay-per month game, the multiplayer is gonna be like in BF1942...
There will also be a singleplayer part, hopefully with better A.I than BF1942 ;)
Just look around the forums here a bit to find out more, or check out www.swbattlefront.net) :D
 Craftsman
01-28-2004, 11:03 AM
The 29 of September according to www.actiontrip.com)
 Whimseyboy
02-01-2004, 7:37 PM
I hope a demo will be avalable in about the next month just to get a taste of the game to see I like it.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-01-2004, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by Whimseyboy
I hope a demo will be avalable in about the next month just to get a taste of the game to see I like it.

Not a chance. If the game comes out in during the fall season, we won't see a demo before then.
 TK-725
02-01-2004, 10:08 PM
It would be nice if they could release it sooner but we know thats not going to happen.
 eastcoast2895
02-01-2004, 11:45 PM
just wondering, but hasn't most lucasarts games have demos that come out very close to the release date or don't have demos before the game at all.
 Craftsman
02-02-2004, 12:13 AM
The demos are always after the realease. Some game have demos and some dont. KOTOR didn't have a demo. But armed and dangerous did.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Demos are not always after the release. Some times it is before, sometimes at the same time and sometimes after. Before is better :)
 eastcoast2895
02-02-2004, 2:35 AM
of the past games i remember only jedi academy having a demo released before the game came out and that was only about two weeks before. man i wished lucasarts would start releasing demos a month or so before the game, i don't care if it is representative of the game i just wanna play.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-02-2004, 7:50 PM
Perhaps if someone here is in marketing they would understand why someone would release a demo after the full game. Won't people be more inclined to buy it after they played the demo? If so then why would someone not want their sales to be at their highest as early as possible?
 Sounds Risky
02-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Well sometimes demos are released afterwards because that's when the developers have time to put it together.
Page: 1 of 1