Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

revans animaions?

Page: 1 of 1
 Def_101
01-27-2004, 12:27 PM
is it possible to change the standard flourish weapon and melee stance to that of revans ...the one hes does in the "revans death" movie ....

i think it might be possible as malak has his own flourish and stance animations
 darthface
01-27-2004, 1:30 PM
That was just for the movie and isn't in the game.
 Lil' Jawa
01-27-2004, 4:25 PM
if used in a cutscene(as in actual game model), yes. If in FMV, probably no unfortunately.
And I thought I was the only one impressed with that flourish ;)
 Darth Stryke
01-27-2004, 6:14 PM
As far as I know, that cutscene was rendered using the game models, and was not CGI so it **should** be possible. And I loved those animations as well, so first person who makes it so the player can use them gets a cookie! If you do both Malak's and Revan's for the player, ill give 2 cookies! :D
 Psycho Monkey
01-28-2004, 2:39 AM
Why don't I just kill you and take those cookies!
:devburn: *Dark points gained*
 darth makaan
01-28-2004, 6:10 AM
CAn some use Malak's draw saber animations?
 Darth Stryke
01-28-2004, 1:33 PM
I may have spoken too soon. Those cutscenes might have been CGI now that I have seen them again. The game graphics just match them so well (on my computer at least), but I am still pretty sure they would have animations for them. Although, someone might have to write the animations for those aprticular moves if they aren't already there.
 ruptorus
01-28-2004, 9:30 PM
Well, I don't possibly know if there would be any animations for Revan when he was twirling his lightsaber on his ship before Malak attacked, but I am absolutely certain that you could reprogram the player character's animations with Malak's animations.

That would be seriously kick ass...:D
 darth makaan
01-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah that'd be so sweet
 Def_101
02-18-2004, 2:11 PM
So has anyone attempted this yet ? if not could someone point me in the right direction on how i might go about doing it my-self ?
thx

your friendly nahbourhood gamer
 MrCyborg
02-18-2004, 4:17 PM
Both suggestions (making and/or finding Revans cutscene flourish animation and giving the revan model Malaks animations) have problems that can't really be sorted out until we have a better understanding of the model file formats used. As far as I can tell (and thinking of how NWN works) most (human) models in the game use the same Skeleton and set of animations - however some unique characters have different animations and may thus have different skeletons. The Revan model seems to use the standard set while malaks uses a custom set. If Malak as a different skeletons (and I suspect he does) then it wouldnt be easy or even possible with our current knowledge to port his animations to the Revan model. If he doesnt have a different skeleton then it would in theory be possible to do this. Has for Revans cutscene flourish animation: As other people have said the movies were probably done outside the game engine but using the in game art work - to maintain Consistency - thus the animations seen in them are not necessarily implemented in the game.

Until we know more about the model formats then all of this is not going to happen - however when we do it would be easy enough to do custom animations for Revan - even as far as to re- create the fourish animation discussed here.
Page: 1 of 1