Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Utility : Welf's 2DA Editor

Page: 1 of 1
 Stone-D
01-26-2004, 9:37 AM
I'm not Welf, I'm not pretending to be Welf, I didn't make this, I'm not particularly keen on downloading that .Net monstrosity any time soon.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data/1073655798078.shtml)

File Size 315 kb

Small multilanguage 2da Edit for nwn, includes the files for translation. Avaible language files: German, English, Polish, Spain, French, Italian and Russian. Only the german and english files are ready to use the other files all in english. Features: renumber ids, insert rows, add rows, delete rows, patch 2da file and make new 2da files -- Kleiner Mehrsprachiger 2da Editor fьr NWN, inlusive der Sprachdateien. Mцgliche Sprachen: Deutsch, Englisch, Franzцsisch, Spanisch, Italienisch, Polnisch und Russisch. Es sind nur die Sprachdateien fьr Deutsch und Englisch fertig. Die anderen enthalten nur Englische Eintragungen.

I use this for my 2DA editing needs... SUPERB imho - but then again I haven't experienced the .Net alternatives yet.

Anyway, FYI people.

PS - You still have to decompress them first, otherwise it will complain and gibber frantically at you.
 Lil' Jawa
01-26-2004, 4:09 PM
Heh, there already are two 2DA editors specifically for KOTOR(one of them does not require the .NET framework either) oh and what's so wrong with installing some runtimes anyway??

Oh well you use what you use..:rolleyes:
 andargor
01-26-2004, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa
Heh, there already are two 2DA editors specifically for KOTOR(one of them does not require the .NET framework either) oh and what's so wrong with installing some runtimes anyway??

Oh well you use what you use..:rolleyes:

Hee hee. :)

If someone just ships me some C++ sources, I could de-.NET them. :D

Andargor
 Lil' Jawa
01-26-2004, 4:44 PM
A tip: Get a better computer if you're bitching about .NET.
 Stone-D
01-26-2004, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa oh and what's so wrong with installing some runtimes anyway??

I'm afraid I'm one of those performance/efficiency/neat(1) freaks when it comes to computers (2). I primarily run Win98SE - IE and all nonessentials yanked out then tweaked to buggery.

(1) Kittykitty? IIRC I recall reading something like that about you on your site. ;)
(2) Not my room, though. Nor my work place. I get someone else to do that. :0
 darthface
01-26-2004, 5:39 PM
I tried this and it seems to have some problems.. like "add" "delete" and "insert" are messed up, and the copy/paste functions are broken. I just wish they all worked in excel after decompiling, appearances.2da most notably
 andargor
01-27-2004, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa
A tip: Get a better computer if you're bitching about .NET.

Hehe. ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe HT 2.8 GHz Win2K here. :)

Yeah, I'm a religious freak. If I had a choice, linux would be on this machine.

But of course, I couldn't play KotOR. :D

So "necessary evil". ;)

Andargor
Page: 1 of 1