Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

trans?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lil Killa
01-25-2004, 2:39 AM
I have some glass that I want to make less transparant but don't know how or if it is possible. I checked out the shader manual and didn't see anything.

EDIT:

Could this effect also be done ussing a .png since you can set the transparancy in the image editor?
 LordP
01-25-2004, 3:04 AM
Bump.
 Druid Bremen
01-25-2004, 9:14 AM
Should be the .png file, I suppose. I never heard of any shader command making a shader less transparent.
 Leslie Judge
01-25-2004, 10:06 AM
You want to have a darker glass? Like a sunglass?

If it's a clear glass then you can use a simple black color (even without an alpha channel) with the proper shader code to make it transparent as much as you want.

If it's not clear, than yes, you can play with the alpha channel of the pic (tga or png). Just check the shader code to see what you have to do: increase or decrease the alpha values.
 Lil Killa
01-26-2004, 2:58 AM
So if I used an alpha channel making a grey chanel instead of a white or black one would make the the glass less/more transparent?
 wedge2211
01-26-2004, 3:40 AM
Yeah. Which way is more/less transparent depends on the blendfunc used. If it's completely transparent right now, and the alpha channel is mostly white, then darken it, if vice versa, then lighten it.
 Lil Killa
01-28-2004, 9:38 PM
OK.. thanks Wedge and LJ
 Torchy
01-28-2004, 10:18 PM
u can set a shaders transparency by adding "alphagen const .5"

eg. that would make it 50% transparent
 Lil Killa
01-30-2004, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by Torchy
u can set a shaders transparency by adding "alphagen const .5"

eg. that would make it 50% transparent

heh thanks I'll have to try all this tuff out once I get back to working on my project again.
Page: 1 of 1