Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Leaning while strafing

Page: 1 of 1
 RenegadeOfPhunk
01-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Anybody know how to stop the upper body leaning when strafing? (Or from any movement in any directon...)

I assume the function I need to be altering is BG_G2PlayerAngles() (or possibly BG_G2ClientSpineAngles() ).

I can currenty stop the leaning, but so far, not without also stopping the legs from turning correctly! (doh!).

Cheers,
Renegade
 Azymn
01-28-2004, 10:12 PM
I'll be workin on the same thing Renegade, for perhaps similar reasons - i'll keep you updated if i find anything.

Just to let you know that someone else is thinkin about it.

btw - how is mb2 coming? =]
 RenegadeOfPhunk
01-29-2004, 2:44 AM
Excellent :) Good to know someone else is on the case too...

MB2's coming along nicely thx mate. Expect a playable demo end of Feb...
 razorace
02-01-2004, 9:32 AM
Exactly what are you trying to do? Just prevent the leaning because it looks stupid? :)

I have a lot of experence with that system as I had to basically overhaul the bloody thing back in JK2.

From what I remember, you shouldn't have to alter anything in BG_G2ClientSpineAngles since all that function does is align the backbones to be the approprate position in relation to the top spine bone. Meaning that the actual leaning is all controlled in BG_G2PlayerAngles.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
02-01-2004, 9:18 PM
...for myself, it's only for looks :) I've never really liked the leaning thing, but there are some new anims I am calling in certain situations where the leaning looks even more wrong than normal...

OK - thx for the tip - I did first of all try messing with just BG_G2PlayerAngles, but wasn't gettting very far, so I moved on to BG_G2ClientSpineAngles - but with even less luck!!

...any hints or tips you can give would be great :) However, since it is only looks, it's not a top-priority thing for me at the moment, so I might not be looking that much more into it - for the moment...
 razorace
02-02-2004, 2:19 PM
Just IM me the next time you're dinkin' with the code and we can work on it together.
Page: 1 of 1