Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Random Turret/Fighter game removal mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Kitty Kitty
01-23-2004, 5:39 PM
Just a link to the other post since it had a somewhat ambiguous subject line. In case someone *really* wanted this, but doesn't open posts that aren't specific or something. ;)

Other thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121808)

-Kitty
 Kitty Kitty
01-24-2004, 11:04 PM
One quick bump just to keep it on the front page for a day or so in case someone who asked for it didn't see. ;)

-Kitty
 eidospsogos
01-24-2004, 11:12 PM
:) how funny. this fighter turret mini-game has been hands-down the easiest mini-game ever put into an rpg. you can just start shooting before the screen even comes all the way up and clear out half, if not over half of the fighters before the game even really begins.

besides that, mini-games were always something i wanted bioware to put in their rpg's. just one of the things i liked from final fantasy that finally got put into a bioware rpg. (increased graphics size was another dream realized:))

oh well to each his own i guess. :)
 Kitty Kitty
01-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Easy yes.. but..

After you've played through the game 5 times, it can get old and annoying to semi-constantly have to bother with.

Or at least, so say the people who asked me to make this mod. So I did... and admittedly, there's a lot of times when I'm glad to have it too.. it's just annoying after a while to have to bother with it, since lacking any challenge, it's not really adding to my fun or anything.. so why bother with it I guess.

Added to that, while I also like mini-games.. I can see the point that you want to play an RPG, not a fighter/shooter simulator. Some people feel that way.

But yes.. to each their own. ;)

-Kitty
 eidospsogos
01-25-2004, 12:51 AM
yeah it can get pretty annoying. i like to be able to choose my mini-games. pazaak was great in my opinion, though most people disagree. as was swoop racing.

to me the turret game just adds to the star wars feel of the game. i mean it's not likely that in the middle of a full-scale intergalactic war that you'd be able to fly from planet to planet without encountering SOME resistance. considering the lengths to which you are being pursued, the amount of times this mini-game pops up is fairly moderate.

but i admit there were times when it annoyed me as well.
 Hyarmendacil
01-25-2004, 1:34 AM
I wouldnt mind the turret minigame if it was of higher quality. Better physics, realism, etc. I hate pazaak but the swoop racing would be nice if you could actually upgrade your bike like you would think the game would have included considering all the dialogue on the subject. Then theres the tattooine swoop glitch where it slows my frame rate. That really sucked.
 Lil' Jawa
01-25-2004, 11:59 AM
My FPS would take a huge dive on Manaan because of the water-bumpmapping so I remember I had to lower settings just to be able to race it properly.:mad:
Page: 1 of 1