Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2da question. possibly....

Page: 1 of 1
 eidospsogos
01-22-2004, 11:22 PM
big question, maybe, when you start the game you have a base of 8 in all attribute categories and are awarded 30 attribute points to distribute. does anyone know where the info for this is stored? i have not found it in the 2da's directory.
 Stator
01-23-2004, 1:44 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you are after but here goes.

Take a look in the classes.2da file. In here you will find the recommended stats for each class. You can alter these numbers and just hit the recommend button when you start a new game. Even though you will show 30 points for usage, the recommend numbers bypass that and you can actually start a new game with all 18's.

You can also adjust the number of skill points per level and your hit die also. You can basically make a superman by editing this file. Hope this helps you some.

Stator
 Kitty Kitty
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
As far as anyone's found so far, this seems to be the only way to change your stats.

It seems that the 30 points to spend, as well as the points you get ever 4 levels or whatever it was for attributes are either hard-coded, or they're compiled up in some module somewhere that we can't really modify at present.

You COULD hex-hack the exe, or probably a save game, but... I'd STRONGLY reccomend just using the method listed above. ;)

-Kitty
 Stone-D
01-26-2004, 7:25 AM
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty
[B]As far as anyone's found so far, this seems to be the only way to change your stats.

It seems that the 30 points to spend, as well as the points you get ever 4 levels or whatever it was for attributes are either hard-coded, or they're compiled up in some module somewhere that we can't really modify at present.

I have serious doubts that level increases would be hard coded, especially when you consider that pretty much everything else is soft coded. I know that I modded the jedis to have the same feat increase per level for all classes for my second run - in classes.2da, possibly? I'm not at home (at work, pretending to be a network admin) so I don't have access to my games drive... I'm probably spouting fecal matter here, so forgive me if that's the case. :)

You COULD hex-hack the exe, or probably a save game, but... I'd STRONGLY reccomend just using the method listed above. ;)

Memory editor/game trainer. :)

Easiest (using art money) route is to search for 30, add two to all stats then sieve for six. Should result in one hit. With 256 megs of memory on WinXP, this results in no drive crunching as the game engine hasn't entirely loaded yet.
Page: 1 of 1