Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Giving my model tags and bones

Page: 1 of 1
 Azrael666
01-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Since i couldnt get the .glms into GMAX i got milkshape on trial to make my model. I imported the desann model into milkshape, ticking to keep the tags bones and caps. I then cut off his hands, legs and head(the surface, not the tags). Then i imported the trandoshan model, without the tags and caps and bones, and cut out the torsoand arms, so i was left with a trandoshan wearing desanns armour.

I saved this as a .md3 and took put it in md3veiw, and turned it to a .glm. I looked at this in modveiw and found that it had no tags, bones or animation sequences. Im guessing milkshape cut them off for whatever reason. Basically I want to know if i can get the bones tags and animations from somewhere, and what I need to do to apply them to my new model?
 Lil Killa
01-23-2004, 12:05 AM
your gonna have to get 3ds Max to make this model playable or wait till milkshape 2.x.x comes out..
 Azrael666
01-23-2004, 12:34 AM
3dx Max is expensive isnt it? When is milkshape 2 out?
 Azrael666
01-23-2004, 12:51 AM
and why can i just import .glms into GMAX anyway?

I can see all the tags have been turned into triangles in the model, can i use those to manualy put them back?
 Mercenary
01-23-2004, 1:18 AM
I don't think Milkshape 2.0 is going to be out any time soon since it's at version 1.7 right now. Discreet was offering a 30 day trial for 3ds max, check their web site to see if it's still offered.
 Azrael666
01-25-2004, 9:56 PM
Okay then, ill try the free trial of 3ds max, what do i do to put bones and tags on the model without having to do each manually? Or can I import the .glms into max and just not lose the tags in the first place?
Page: 1 of 1