Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Female PC head!

Page: 1 of 1
 darthface
01-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Screens (http://24.78.255.86/headshots.jpg)

download red (http://24.78.255.86/red.rar)

download blonde (http://24.78.255.86/blonde.rar)

Edit: Updated and now includes model files and heads.2da. They replace the first white female, the one with the long black hair. You must pick that one. black female 2 seems to still be changed, but she has the wrong skin and who knows what will happen when darkside points are added. My old files that remeshed the black female bodies as white aren't needed anymore.

Edit: Another update. Now includes the portraits.

Edit: Now no longer replaces any of the in game heads, it adds a new one to the list. Includes new 2da's and I had to hex edit the mdl file. Also cosmetic changes, darks sides redone.
 Verios
01-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Is her portrait different as well?
 darthface
01-21-2004, 11:52 PM
read the last paragraph...
 Shimaon
01-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Sweet...
I didn't think we had figured out how to do this, guess I was wrong.

Thanks Darthface!
 CDRSeadog
01-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Another excellent piece of work, Darthface...my compliments. BTW - I've always been rather fond of redheads as well *chuckles*
 CDRSeadog
01-22-2004, 3:49 AM
Great. Now if only someone could figure out how to get the portraits to match the models...:-)
 Kitty Kitty
01-22-2004, 3:58 AM
They look nice Darth.. Couple things though.

First.. what exactly was the problem when you tried to add dark side points? I don't understand why that would be a problem so long as you remembered to change all the apropriate skins and heads.

The trick of course to doing that is.. open up Appearance.2da and note all the body skins that apply to that model. Make sure you change all those apropriately. Also in that file, you'll find an entry for "normalhead" which is just a number.

Open heads.2da, and look down the first colum for that same number, and then go across the line noting down all the head models for that number.

So long as all those match up, and they've all been changed properly, it shouldn't do anything strange... at least not in theory anyway. ;)

-Kitty
 darthface
01-22-2004, 9:44 AM
Heh, I didn't even notice the heads.2da, I'll try changing that
 k0la
01-22-2004, 9:55 AM
good job dewd looks cool :D
 dragonemp
01-22-2004, 5:46 PM
 darthface
01-26-2004, 5:53 PM
This should be my last update to my lovely ladies :)
 Kitty Kitty
01-26-2004, 6:44 PM
LOL.. too funny.

I've been working on something just like this myself and in fact had to go about it the same way.

For some reason, replacing the defaults bothered me.. but because of the way the head model finds its "default" (neutral to good) texture, you can't point to it in a 2da like you can with the body textures.

Soo.. after some tinkering, hex editing, etc.. I'm now in the process of testing my "new model" which in all honesty is just a reskin with a lot of hacks in the 2das and such in order to get what I wanted.

From looking at your screen shots, I'm betting we even did nearly the same thing.. I wanted a redhead, but didn't like the ones we were given as far as style went. So I swiped one with a hairstyle I liked (think it was A02 - black with the IMO best hairstyle) and reskined it.. then did a bit of minor custom skinning for the body.. renamed everything and added 2da entries all over the place.

Pretty happy with the effects so far.. but was really only doing this as a test and learning experience besides for personal use. Though I could put up some screens and eventually a DL if anyone's interested at all.

Can't wait till we figure out the models though.. that's when I'm really gonna go to town =)

Anyways.. looking good Darth. :)

-Kitty
Page: 1 of 1