Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Help Requested....!!! Pretty simple....

Page: 1 of 1
 eidospsogos
01-21-2004, 9:27 PM
okay. i don't need very much, really. but here it is.

i have been editing 2da's to increase the amount of powers/ feats gained by certain classes. i have tested out the feats by merely staring a new game.

BUT, i no longer have a normal average run of the mill savegame from right after becoming a jedi(or right before becoming a jedi) on dantooine. the game i do have is a bit hex-edited.

so my question is this. does anyone have a savegame that has not been editted or modded in anyway, right before or right after becoming a jedi on dantooine. if anyone does, and wouldn't mind emailing it to me merely for the sake of testing these edited 2da's i would appreciate it.

my email address is eidospsogos@hotmail.com
 eidospsogos
01-21-2004, 10:58 PM
actually nevermind. i just used kmu and took away all my force powers. :)
 Kitty Kitty
01-22-2004, 4:10 AM
You know eidospsogos,

If you want to do testing for something like this, where you need to be just about ready to become a jedi on Dantooine..

You should be able to start a new game, then use the console cheats to warp there.. then save the game in a new slot someplace so you can do whatever mods to the game, load it up, go through becoming a jedi, repeat as needed.

Should work at least...

-Kitty
 eidospsogos
01-22-2004, 11:13 PM
:) you know i always thought that the warp cheat only applied to areas you had already covered. i simply assumed you would not be able to warp to an area that you had not progressed the plot to.

so let me get this straight. i can warp to dantooine and then what? i automatically appear in the ebon hawk and the plot will progress as though i have already completed taris?
 Kitty Kitty
01-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Well warping can do some really odd things to the game as certain globals won't get set and flagged properly.

But.. I figure it's at least worth a try for the purposes of testing and such.. All you really need is for them to say "yadda yadda... come be a jedi" and that'll work for that purpose..

If they don't, you can always re-load or warp back ;)

But I KNOW you can warp to places you've not ever been to before.. They don't even check whether you've been there.. hence them being in the "cheat codes" category. ;)

-Kitty
 Lofte
01-23-2004, 7:57 AM
To test my modded 2da's i use the Padawan 1.3 mod from Talchia, that way you simply start a new game, skip Endar Spire and can test them straight after the first chat to carth when you wake up on taris.

Thought it was easier than messing with dantooine.
Page: 1 of 1