Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Compiling included scripts (?)

Page: 1 of 1
 k0la
01-21-2004, 6:52 PM
y0

I'm trying to make a lil mod in k_inc_force.nss.. but I cant get it compiled, cuz its a included script. Is there any easy way to search for the scripts where the *force.nss is included? I've found these so far:

k_sp1_generic.nss
k_sup_grenade.nss
k_sup_healing.nss

all of em in script.bif

I haven't looked in the RIMs but I guess there are some there too *sigh*

Has anyone sucessfully compiled k_inc_force.nss? or any other inc script, I'd appreciate if anyone have any tips or tricks.

-k0la

gigglz
gigglz
 Darwithe
01-21-2004, 9:20 PM
Assuming you're editing the Jedi powers you just need to compile k_sp1_generic(with k_inc_force.nss in the same directory of course) and drop it in the override directory.
 k0la
01-22-2004, 8:25 AM
Aha! Then I get it. Thanks alot :)
 thenewguy
02-02-2004, 5:41 AM
i can't seem to get this to work properly. I extract (with no edits)

k_sp1_generic.nss
k_inc_force.nss
k_inc_debug.nss

into my override folder.

i run _compileAll.bat and it creates

k_sp1_generic.ncs
k_sp1_generic.ndb

in the override folder.

i run kotor and all the jedi powers i've tested are broken (they eat forcepoints but don't do anything... i've tested valor, armor, immunity, and energy resistance and they both don't do anything, not even give me the upgrade icons in the portrait or status screen.

were you able to get your script to compile and override properly k0la?
 Stator
02-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by thenewguy
i can't seem to get this to work properly. I extract (with no edits)

k_sp1_generic.nss
k_inc_force.nss
k_inc_debug.nss

into my override folder.

i run _compileAll.bat and it creates

k_sp1_generic.ncs
k_sp1_generic.ndb

in the override folder.

i run kotor and all the jedi powers i've tested are broken (they eat forcepoints but don't do anything... i've tested valor, armor, immunity, and energy resistance and they both don't do anything, not even give me the upgrade icons in the portrait or status screen.

were you able to get your script to compile and override properly k0la?

You don't need to compile those scripts. What exactly are you trying to accomplish. If I know more then I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Stator
 Kitty Kitty
02-02-2004, 3:18 PM
Actually, I had some similar problems when using that (modified) command line compiler.

I even tested compiling some unmodified source, and it still "broke" things, not to mention the version it made and the version that the game was originally using never seemed to match up in regards to compiled size and such.

Soo... lacking any better answer, I switched to using NWN Toolset with that KotOR module (I believe Li'l Jawa made that) to compile my scripts.

Ever since I started using that instead, my scripts seem to compile flawlessly.

-Kitty
 thenewguy
02-03-2004, 2:12 AM
thanks for the info Kitty. I have downloaded the "kotor builder!.mod" from lil'jawa's site, but alas, i do not own nwn nor do i have the toolset. would someone be so kind as to point me to a link or site where I can download a version that is compatible with the above file? on the site there was a note saying it may not work with a demo copy for example.

i can only find the beta version for download. will that work or do i need to buy nwn to get the full version :confused:
 Kitty Kitty
02-03-2004, 4:18 AM
Not sure to be honest. From things I've heard, I somewhat assumed it had to be the basic toolset from the original version of NWN.. but that may or may not actually be the case.

I was lucky enough to have actually bought NWN, though I never liked it.. so it sat shelved until I needed it to mod KotOR ;p

-Kitty
Page: 1 of 1