Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber Modding... Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Stryke
01-21-2004, 4:00 PM
I am working on reskinning some sabers to have more variety in the game, but I do not know where to find the saber texture/model files. I have the NWN explorer and the mod tools I found on this forum, but what pack/file are these files located in? I hope that made sense.
 darthface
01-21-2004, 6:15 PM
The blade and hilt textures are in the 3 erf texturepacks, there's 3 because of the 3 graphics detail settings. You can extract from ERFs using a freely available NWN tool, and convert the files from there with tpc2tga. Its all available here on the forums.

To save effort you can just download my mod from the "saber color mod" topic and edit those to your liking.

Editing the hilt's 3D models is something as yet beyond us.
 Darth Stryke
01-21-2004, 6:48 PM
Thanks for your help. Actually, I had already downloaded that blade color mod, which is what got me started on this. I want to reskin the saber hilts (if I can) so they dont all look the same and my character can have a unique hilt, at least until we learn how to add models to the game to do it. I have already started to reskin my hilt, but now I have to figure out how to make it its own saber so my character is the only one with that saber hilt skin. Any help on that would be great.
 Shimaon
01-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Er, could ya point me out to what the filename of the hilt textures are?

Thanks
Alex

EDIT: I'm a thundering moron, heh, nm, I found them
 Darth Stryke
01-22-2004, 12:35 AM
I found the texture files for the double saber, short saber, and regular lightsaber. Anyone know what the file name is for Malak's saber? I thought it used the short saber model, but after seeing it again I am not so sure.
 darthface
01-22-2004, 12:36 AM
When I tried editing the hilt textures, the regular one handed saber worked but the double bladed and short saber textures wouldn't change for some reason. :confused:
 Shimaon
01-22-2004, 12:48 AM
alrighty, I'm a modding newb, so could one of ya help me?

I extracted the textures from the erf and they had no filename extension. I tried adding on .tga, but it didn't work, how do I get these files into working TGAs?

GK
 Kitty Kitty
01-22-2004, 4:07 AM
Use the tpc2tga converter posted elsewhere in these forums.

Don't bother adding an extention, just use a command line conversion of "tpc2tga.exe <INPUT_File> <Output_File.TGA>"

So like if your input file was PFBG04 (one of the female armor skins), you'd want to make your outfile PFBG04.tga to keep it straight. (Unless you actually go through the trouble of adding a completely new and unique skin that doesn't replace any that already exist.. but that's a lot more "advanced" than just replacing something. ;)

-Kitty
Page: 1 of 1