Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vader mask mods

Page: 1 of 1
 Arianna
01-20-2004, 6:11 PM
Besides the re-breather thingy, are they're ny Vader like mask mods available? Also, are there any mods for cooler looking robes/armor available. It would be really cool if you could use force powers while wearing armor. TIA
 Kitty Kitty
01-20-2004, 6:54 PM
There aren't a lot of mods involving masks or robes as of yet..

One problem is that so far, no one has worked out the game's models yet, meaning we can't make new ones or edit them.

This means we're limited to using existing models for the time being, though with the ability to extract the textures and convert them to TGA, and people working on the models themselves, we're getting closer.

It might be possible to find and use the mask that Revan wears in the cutscenes, but as far as I'm aware, no one has yet made this possible, but since the scenes seem to all use ingame models and such, that would tend to suggest that there IS a valid model for that piece of armor somewhere... so we shall see.

As for using the force with armor.. I could make a quick hack for you that would do the job if you like. Which in some ways would seem almost more fair, since the "bad guys" can do it. (Darth Bandon's Fiber armor anyone?) ;)

-Kitty

*Edit*
Haven't tested this yet, but it SHOULD work, and there should be no need to start a new game, so you can test this with a later-game save in which you already have force powers and the like. Give it a try, and let me know if there's any problem. Just save the file from this link to your \Override folder in your KotOR installation.

Spells.2da (http://webpages.charter.net/ytl/spells.2da)

Cheers ;)
 darthface
01-20-2004, 6:56 PM
One thing possible at this point is using force powers with armor on.. this spells.2da file should let you use all the force powers no matter what you're wearing, although I haven't tested all of them.
Put it in the override directory in the main kotor folder.

spells.2da (http://24.78.255.86/spells.2da)
 Kitty Kitty
01-20-2004, 7:12 PM
LOL

Well now you have 2 sources to the file. Left my message open while I fixed up the file and then just edited it, so I didn't see darth sneak his up there. ;)

Both our "fixes" are very likely identical however, so have fun. ;)

-Kitty
 darthface
01-20-2004, 7:23 PM
Well I guess this problem is doubly taken care of :D
One thing about this mod is that it's incompatible with any others that change the spells.2da file, like the holowan emporium. People will have to be selective about what mods they apply, or else learn ways to combine them.
 Aven'aeris
01-20-2004, 8:32 PM
it's the forbiditemmask column you altered, yes?
 Kitty Kitty
01-20-2004, 8:40 PM
Indeed.

So, if anyone has a previously modified version of spells.2da (such as for the emporium as previously mentioned), they can combine this mod with any other by opening their spells.2da file (I reccomend using that WONDERFUL Kotr_Tool) and simply changing all values in the forbiditemmask colum to read "0x0000" (forbid nothing) instead of "0x003f" (Forbid armor).

Then simply write the file to the override folder and viola. ;)

-Kitty
 Lil' Jawa
01-20-2004, 9:22 PM
It's spelled "voila" though, "viola" is something else..:p
 Stator
01-20-2004, 9:40 PM
I'll whip up a quick spells.2da file for you in just a moment.

Nevermind. Two fast typers beat me to it. :p :p

Edit: I'm sorry about that but I simply couldn't resist.

I do have a question though. I understand and know how to edit the 2da files to do things such as give myself nearly unlimited force points, skill points, feats, etc. What I would like to do is change armor designations. For example: Have Davik's armor retain all of it's stats but have it classified as a jedi robe. I think that this would be possible but I'm not quite sure where to start. I basically want to take a piece of armor that I like the look of and have it classified as jedi armor. This would allow a scoundrel/consular for example, to use said armor without needing to take the appropriate feats. Any ideas?

Stator
 Kitty Kitty
01-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Well there's a few ways to go about something like that...

Personally, I would think the simplest way would be to use that modified spells.2da so armor doesn't restrict force powers, and then hack the feat.2da and simply give light, medium, and heavy armor to jedi as freebies at level 1 for all 3 jedi classes.

Just edit the 3 lines for the 3 various armor feats, changing the values of the following labels to have a value of 1:
allclassescanuse, jcn_list, jcn_granted, jgd_list, jgd granted, jsn_list, jsn_granted

Then all jedi would get all the armor feats for freebies at level 1 and you'd already have fixed the problem of it bothering force powers.

This would be IMO the simplest way.

The other way would be to manually edit evrey single piece of armor you want to be able to use.

You'd load up Kotor_tool, then open up the BIF files. Once it builds the list, you'd open the "templates" entry.

Most armor is "g_a_classNNNN.uti" but there's a couple special ones here and there if I remember right that use g1_a_classNNNN as well as one or two that have completely different names. If you have a list of cheat codes and possible items you can spawn into the game, those numbers match up here.

Anyways, you'd have to figure out which entry is which item in game, then export the file to the \Override folder. Then using the GFF Editor, you'd edit these files and manually change the properties individually. You'd have to change the "BaseItem" from whatever value it was (should be 38 - 43 for non-robe armors) to 35 (Jedi Robe), 36 (Knight Robe), or 37 (Master Robe).

Then save the file. I THINK that would work anyway. lol.. like I said, I'd probably just add the feats ;)

Oh, you could also create a totally new item by saving the file you exported with a new (unique) name. Then you'd have to add it in game with the console codes, using "giveitem <your_item's_file_name>" without the .uti extention so as not to alter an existing piece of actual equipment in the game at your discretion. =)

-Kitty
 Stator
01-21-2004, 12:33 AM
I looked into altering darth bandon's fiber armor already. I was just hoping someone could come up with an easier or better method. This probably sounds strange but I want to alter as little as possible in the game. The only mod that I actually use right now is an altered version of jawa's revan reincarnate mod. I changed it so that you only get basic jedi items with colors based on your jedi class. There are just a few things in the game that irk me and I am working towards changing them. Things like not starting out as a jedi and being forced to be a jedi. It would be nice to play the entire game as a scoundrel if you desired. I also detest that even if I play a dark jedi, my force powers are restricted if I wear anything other than a robe. The npc dark jedi such as bandon don't have these restrictions. Oh well. Back to editing .2da files. Thanks for the input.

Stator
 axelthorpe
01-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Making the dark side and universal powers non-restricted by armor is an easy solution.

But i don't know how easy or hard it is to edit the powers.
 eidospsogos
01-25-2004, 2:20 PM
looks like the easiest way to do this, is to open the appearances.2da file. then under all the many options for PC and NPC characters, change the model reference for jedi robes, to a model reference you like. this in itself is no small task.

and as there are only 10 model categories i am guessing something somewhere else would cause the specific variation of that particular class item to be loaded.
 jordie8472
01-25-2004, 8:00 PM
What is the rebreather thing mentioned in the first post?
 eidospsogos
01-25-2004, 8:15 PM
i'm guessing the breath mask maybe. :) it's immunity to poison.

there is an advanced version called the advanced bio-stabilizer mask sold at yavin. don't remember what it adds though. probably mind-affecting immunity.
 Johan_Ranger
01-30-2004, 7:05 PM
yeah, the advanced bio-stabilizer mask gives you immunity to poison and mind affecting, but if you want to use it to cover your face, like revan's mask, it only covers your mouth and goes up to cover your nose, not the entire face.
Page: 1 of 1