Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

saber color mod

Page: 1 of 1
 darthface
01-19-2004, 1:35 PM
cheap mod I know but I though I'd share it anyway. It makes all the regular saber colors more vibrant and less white. The turquoise color is replaced with white, and gold is replaced with as close to a "dark" saber as I could manage, because the way the textures are loaded uses darkness as transparency. Just dump the files in the override folder

Updated: Now the inventory icons for the special sabers, as well as the icons for the 2 special crystals have been changed as well.

sabercolors.zip (http://24.78.255.86/sabercolors.zip)

I recommend the sound mod if you haven't gotten it, it makes flourishing twice as fun :D

sabersounds.zip (http://24.78.255.86/sabersounds.zip)
 Prime
01-19-2004, 5:28 PM
Thanks, darthface :)
 darthface
01-22-2004, 11:30 AM
bumping up
 DA_Robin
01-23-2004, 2:58 PM
hi, i was wondering, is there a chance, since you made your own colors, can you post the original files to, im not real smart when it comes to this stuff, im just started learning how to model right now. well, if you can help with this, it be great, cya
 darthface
01-23-2004, 4:06 PM
here's (http://24.78.255.86/saberplain.zip) the unmodified files
 Kitty Kitty
01-23-2004, 5:41 PM
Might be "cheap", but I like it Darth. Thanks for sharing..

The sounds are a bit more "movie-esque" now, and the colors are a bit more bold and vibrant. And that "dark saber" looks pretty damn slick. =)

Nicely done.

-Kitty
 Mega_Man2000X
01-26-2004, 4:43 AM
:thumbsup: I love the new sounds, excellent work. Although if you listen closley when you powerup your saber, or play the file in Mediaplayer, you can hear what sounds like feedback and birds chirping in the background. I put this file in SoundForge 6.0 and added a fade to the end to supress the background to an allmost inaudioable level. If you want my edited file to replace the current one in your ZIP file I can E:mail it to you.
 Hayder
01-26-2004, 1:39 PM
As to it being "cheap" sometimes simplicity is the key to life.
 darthface
01-26-2004, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by Mega_Man2000X
:thumbsup: I love the new sounds, excellent work. Although if you listen closley when you powerup your saber, or play the file in Mediaplayer, you can hear what sounds like feedback and birds chirping in the background. I put this file in SoundForge 6.0 and added a fade to the end to supress the background to an allmost inaudioable level. If you want my edited file to replace the current one in your ZIP file I can E:mail it to you.

I shouldn't get any credit because they're from some JA mod. As for the powerup sound, I can't hear what you're talking about, the "on-hum" overtakes the end of the powerup sound. I can if I play the file externally, but why would anyone care about that?
 Mega_Man2000X
01-27-2004, 1:00 AM
I you powerup in a place with little to no music you hear it. It's acually really funney to see Malak take out his saber with this really cool, powerful sound...... then birdies :D
I'll send the file to you Lord.
 Goran
03-07-2004, 5:40 AM
Little bit of a necro post.

But where do I put the sound files.

I was hoping I could run accros the existing ones and just replace them, but that didn't work, as the names seem to be diffrent.
 Jackel
03-07-2004, 5:51 AM
i just put them in the override folder and they seem to work , also thats what the first post says , dump them in the override folder
 Goran
03-07-2004, 6:07 AM
Ok it's wayyyyyyy to late in the evening for me lol.

Need sleep. I tottally missed that part of the post. lol

Thanks M8
 Supreme-Lord
07-04-2004, 1:32 PM
Ok these links are down, could someone give me these again :(
 TemporaryTomato
07-04-2004, 1:49 PM
New saber sounds.... :eek:

Please fix the links!:(
 Colma Adawin
07-04-2004, 2:59 PM
AWWW WHAT???! the links dont work!? IF ANYONE HAS BOTH OR EITHER MOD PLEASE PM ME AND I'LL GIVE YOU MY E-MAIL!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE SOMEONE HAVE THIS MOD!!!

and what happened to Darthface?? IF YOUR THERE DARTHFACE PLEASE SORT YOUR LINKS OR PM ME SO I CAN HAVE YOUR MODS!!! PLEASE pretty please, you cant see it but i'm on my knees beggin you! :)

MattCole
 wingzro
07-04-2004, 3:57 PM
any screens?
 Colma Adawin
07-04-2004, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by wingzro
any screens?

STUFF THE SCREENS! :D GIVE US THE MODS!!! :D please

MattCole
 ArmyAJ
07-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Broken Links :(
 RedHawke
07-05-2004, 12:54 AM
^^^^^
Unfortunatly folks, darthface posted this thread and mod in January, he hasn't posted anything since mid Febuary, you can find that by checking his profile. With that in mind there is little possibility that the links can be corrected.

He probably moved on to other things, and sadly, his mod and its hosting went with him. Things like that happen.

Sorry Guys!
 Marius_Storm
07-05-2004, 8:03 AM
I would like to try it out, could somebody send me it too? How come its not on pcgamemods.com when its that good?
 Jackel
07-05-2004, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by Marius_Storm
I would like to try it out, could somebody send me it too? How come its not on pcgamemods.com when its that good?
Its not on pcgamemods as the maker hasnt posted here for several months , and the pcgamemods deal only game about recently

and without permission of the author no one can add it to pcgamemods
 Colma Adawin
07-05-2004, 9:32 AM
OKAY IF SOMEONE HAS THIS MOD E-MAIL HIM, GET PERMISSION AND POST IT AT PCGM!!!! please, and i'm still awating for someone to find the mod and post it HERE!!!

MattCole

this is soooo depersing :(
 Marius_Storm
07-05-2004, 9:37 AM
Thats kinda sad. Doesnt anybody have the mod?
 TemporaryTomato
07-05-2004, 9:44 AM
Awww.... I really wanted new saber sounds.
>_<

Maybe I should try making some myself... :D

:vadar:

I'll need the filenames of the saber sounds if I'm going to try making a sound mod... Anyone know em? I found some pretty good sounds already.
 Supreme-Lord
07-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Oh no. Sadly i got them, but forgot to make backup after format. And they were very good mods. Saber colors were perfect and sound great (like in moves) :(

@TemporaryTomato - I found 8mb saber sounds of all kind. I think they are very good. PM and ill send you.
 Marius_Storm
07-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Damn! Well, would be cool if somebody else would have it. 8mb....that must be a lot of files, i guess some are from jk2 and jk3. The only thing what i did till now is changing some skins, bastila got brown eyes and blonde hair (just like my girl) and some others sith, gave some of them red evil eyes.
 Colma Adawin
07-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Supreme-Lord
Oh no. Sadly i got them, but forgot to make backup after format. And they were very good mods. Saber colors were perfect and sound great (like in moves) :(

oh dammit :( :( :( :( :( :( :( WILL I EVER SEE AND HEAR THESE MODS!?

btw, thanx for informing us that you HAD the mods and just without reguard FORMATTED YOUR COMPUTER! HOW SELFISH!!! :D

MattCole
 En liten mus
07-06-2004, 4:51 PM
His computer is of and i think those are "privet" server llinks so if the computer or net is turend of, they don' Work.......*sigh* to bad for us :(
 Colma Adawin
07-07-2004, 2:39 AM
Hey ppl of Holowan!

Prime has supplyed me with the mod that he has, the Sabre Colour Mod! and im more than willing to hand this mod out, just PM me with your E-Mail and i will send the mod to you as soon as i get your PM!! :D

MattCole

PS. Thank you Prime! for the mod you have supplied us!:D
 wingzro
07-07-2004, 3:00 AM
whatever happened to that mod prime and someone else was working on to bring in JKA sabers in kotor?
 Marius_Storm
07-07-2004, 2:58 PM
Thx for sending it MattColejk, I O ya one
 Colma Adawin
07-07-2004, 3:01 PM
thats ok, anytime :D

MattCole
Page: 1 of 1