Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Script troubles - Include files

Page: 1 of 1
 Kitty Kitty
01-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Ok.. Back to (probably) dumb questions...

I'm trying to make a bunch of changes through scripting, mostly just junk in an attempt to learn how everything behaves and such in preparation for some serious work later on.

Anyway, one problem I've run into is wishing to modify some of the behavior and situations found in the files:
k_inc_end.nss
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss

Now... thing is, these are among the non-compiled scripts in the \data\scripts.bif file from what I can tell.. which makes sense so far. Problem is, I haven't figured out a way to get any changes I make to these files make any difference whatsoever if I simply extract them, make changes, and drop in \override.

Further, any attempts I've made to compile them have failed.

So I suppose the questions here are...
How do I make any changes to these files that work, and if that involves needing to compile them, how the heck do I manage that exactly? The command line tool skips them because they're include files, and the NWN toolset with the KotOR mod just complains about them not having main functions and so forth and refuses to compile... So I'm sorta stuck here and not really even sure just what direction I should be going in for this particular issue.

Heh... Ok. Enough babbling from me for the now. Thanks in advance for any info. :)

-Kitty
 andargor
01-19-2004, 2:45 AM
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty
Ok.. Back to (probably) dumb questions...

I'm trying to make a bunch of changes through scripting, mostly just junk in an attempt to learn how everything behaves and such in preparation for some serious work later on.

Anyway, one problem I've run into is wishing to modify some of the behavior and situations found in the files:
k_inc_end.nss
k_inc_ebonhawk.nss

Now... thing is, these are among the non-compiled scripts in the \data\scripts.bif file from what I can tell.. which makes sense so far. Problem is, I haven't figured out a way to get any changes I make to these files make any difference whatsoever if I simply extract them, make changes, and drop in \override.

Further, any attempts I've made to compile them have failed.

So I suppose the questions here are...
How do I make any changes to these files that work, and if that involves needing to compile them, how the heck do I manage that exactly? The command line tool skips them because they're include files, and the NWN toolset with the KotOR mod just complains about them not having main functions and so forth and refuses to compile... So I'm sorta stuck here and not really even sure just what direction I should be going in for this particular issue.

Heh... Ok. Enough babbling from me for the now. Thanks in advance for any info. :)

-Kitty

Personnally, I use the KotOR compiler posted in this forum. Search a bit and you'll find it. Works fine for me, I don't have the NWN toolset installed.

Second, the includes get compiled _with_ normal scripts that have main(). So for you to have any effect on the game, you have to extract and compile all of the scripts including them. (Basically, the include is performed pre-compilation for each script file, and the include is compiled together with them).

Good luck!

Andargor
 Darwithe
01-19-2004, 4:24 AM
One thing andargor didn't mention about the include files you mentioned specifically is that most of the scripts that use them are probably in the .rim files for their respective worlds, and likely without source.

Of all the includes, k_inc_force is the easiest to modify since there is very few files that use it. (Mostly k_sp1_generic. You have /no/ idea how many times I skipped over that file by accident trying to find where the force include was used at. >_< I seem to remember running into a couple other files that use it k_inc_force later but can't remember for certain)
Page: 1 of 1