Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2 question (changing names and sabers on the fly)

Page: 1 of 1
 coolman658
01-18-2004, 8:56 PM
Question #1: in mp how do you switch name while dual just by pressing a botton
Question #2: how do you make you saber change while in combat (cause it look cool :D )
 Samuel Dravis
01-19-2004, 3:57 AM
1) Bind it to a key.

bind g "name MyName"

2) If you mean change from staff to duals etc in MP you cannot do it without a mod. For SP, it is the command G_SABER.
 Prime
01-19-2004, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
2) If you mean change from staff to duals etc in MP you cannot do it without a mod. This is for cheating/balance purposes :)
 Crow_Nest
01-23-2004, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
2) If you mean change from staff to duals etc in MP you cannot do it without a mod. For SP, it is the command G_SABER.

Um, i think it only works on a cheat enabled server. ;)
 DeathStriker
01-23-2004, 1:58 PM
It actually works in the new JA+.
I believe that the commands are:

/saber single_1 = single saber.

/saber dual_1 = staff saber.

/saber single_1 single_1 = two sabers.

The number 1 means the saber hilt. Change the number for a different hilt.
 Marcus(JSA)
02-18-2004, 11:53 AM
I don't like to correct anyone, but the binds I sucessfully use are:

/bind <key> saber single_1 = single :saberb:

/bind <key> saber single_1 single_1 = dual sabres :saberb::saberb:

/bind <key> saber dual_2 = staff :dsaber:

You cannot change style mid-duel and with the new mods, 1.7 onward, cannot change style mid-combo :(

Whilst I respect Slider's work, I used to enjoy spinning dual sabers round my characters head and turning them into a staff prior to catching them thus defending myself against those sly dogs preparing to jump in with their single blades... ah, I think I see his point! :p

The binds still work, but are much more limited. On the positive side, at least you don't have to die before the style changes.

I was not aware that the number related to the hilt, so thanks for that, I think I'll go allocate all my posh Goldstaff hilts! :cool:
Page: 1 of 1