Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Fundamentals of FFA

Page: 1 of 1
 JDKnite188
01-17-2004, 11:40 PM
One day at school my Visual Basic class got our hands on a demo version of Unreal Tournament; from that day on we have been playing UT CTF and FFA whenever possible in 10-12 player LAN games. I was playing FFA, and, oddly, it seemed too simple. I was fragging with ease at every corner, being able to cover a hallway from both sides simultaneously and not think twice about it. Then a thought occured to me. UT, Q3, and other similar games have very "easy" FFA modes! JA features the force and sabers adding major combative boundaries. I was owning in UT, but I remain as an average player in any JA FFA game.

Thoughts?
 Tinny
01-17-2004, 11:50 PM
oh man yeah, with the force powers and using saber as sheild it makes the game infinitely more complex, for me anyway
 Side
01-18-2004, 2:43 AM
that why most people doesnt get into jka/jk2

being a newbie is somewhat a pain in the ass

and some PURE NEWBIE doesnt bother asking/looking for move combination or force trick
 Alegis
01-18-2004, 9:54 AM
Same here, though I consider myself more than average :p there's much more than just walking around and shoot, you got good evading techniques (high jump), and also something that is different than most games, the melee weapon you start with is rather strong (lightsaber)
 Lightning
01-18-2004, 10:47 AM
it's that those games have weapon that are so strong that you only need to fire 3 times to kill some one.
Page: 1 of 1