Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Armor requirements

Page: 1 of 1
 Aven'aeris
01-17-2004, 8:55 PM
I'm looking for the 2da which holds armor requirements, specifically those which restrict Darth Revan's armor to the dark side. anybody find it? am i even looking in the right place? :) thanks
 vustare
01-17-2004, 9:28 PM
Aven'aeris,
I know in the baseitems.2da, near the bottom, there is a reference to Darth Revan armor. I myself haven't mucked with thath particular item yet, but maybe somewhere there you might find what you're looking for. Please post though, if you do figure anything out.
 eiz
01-17-2004, 10:12 PM
g_a_mstrrobe06.uti in templates.bif. In the PropertyList there's an entry with PropertyName=43. If you look in itempropdef.2da you'll see that this is the alignment group restriction property.
 Aven'aeris
01-17-2004, 10:28 PM
okies, i found it. now how do i edit it? ;) gods i feel like a noob. sorry to bug you guys with this
 eiz
01-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Export it and open it up in GFFEditor (get it from BioWare (http://nwn.bioware.com/developers)), and either delete the entry or change the Subtype to one of the following values (obtained from iprp_aligngrp.2da):

00 - All
01 - Neutral
02 - Light side
03 - Dark side

Then stick it in your override folder. You'll likely need to spawn a new copy of the item for the change to take effect (since you're changing the blueprint instead of an instance).
 Aven'aeris
01-17-2004, 10:50 PM
nice. worked like a charm. thanks alot for the assist :)

edit: for some reason, i couldn't get Darth Revan's armor to work when i switched it to all. i couldn't equip it. it works fine for light characters when i switch it to light, however
Page: 1 of 1