Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

all force powers (no-hex)

Page: 1 of 2
 sk8terkid81
01-17-2004, 7:04 AM
If anyone wants it give me an e-mail and ill send you it
 shaka_1205
01-17-2004, 10:02 AM
here's my email : shaka_1205@yahoo.com

Thx !
 CDRSeadog
01-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Sounds interesting - I'd like to give it a try. If you would be so kind - my e-mail address is costalchris@mchsi.com.

BTW - thank you!
 DeadManInBlack
01-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Just to sound really dumb but may I ask how you got all the force
powers I thought it was only possible to exchange powers for ones already gained.

Oh and can you send me the file as well please many thanks.

email (Id-@dsl.pipex.com)
 Lundquist
01-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Interesting indeed, I'd like that too.
mail: darthkenlun@hotmail.com
 eidospsogos
01-17-2004, 2:43 PM
that exchanging thing was just the idea kmu was based on. but as you can hex-edit your levels away again and again, and level-up again and again, and once a forcepower or feat is gained it is there forever, then obviously it is possible to have all feats or forcepowers.
 DeadManInBlack
01-17-2004, 2:54 PM
Ok thanks for clearing that up eidospsogos.
 sk8terkid81
01-17-2004, 3:27 PM
hope you all got it and by the way you have to choose stun then all the others will come available i no its a simple mod but i thought someone might find it useful. and when you choose stun you can then choose force lightning without having to use any others so basicly you can use all the powers with spare points left over. One more thing i only just made it so for now it only works with jedi consular
 CDRSeadog
01-17-2004, 3:34 PM
My thanks for the file and the very quick reply - unfortunately - I am unable to use it, as my Outlook Express removed access to your attached file as being "unsafe" *sighs*

Oh well - the thought is appreciated.
 DeadManInBlack
01-17-2004, 4:01 PM
Yeah I got that you have to enable access to downloaded attachments via Outlook

In Outlook >Click on tools>Options>Security tab> Untick the box that disables the attachments.

I ran it through Norton its ok no offence sk8terkid81 but you gotta be careful nowadays ;)
 CDRSeadog
01-17-2004, 4:41 PM
My thanks to you, DeadManInBlack - it just goes to show that one can always learn something new...I followed your suggestion, and now have accecss to the 2.da file attachment sent.

Guess I'll have to try this out now - I've already finished 3 other KoTOR games :-)
 GeeX
01-17-2004, 4:47 PM
pls send it to me, too

email: geex2003@web.de

thx
 sk8terkid81
01-17-2004, 5:16 PM
its ok anyway sorry about any problems i no its only simple
 Supreme-Lord
01-17-2004, 6:31 PM
I wanna try it too. And it only works for consular right?

e-mail: meelis.kodu@mail.ee
 sk8terkid81
01-18-2004, 7:23 AM
at the moment yes but i will update it later
 Broly
01-18-2004, 2:37 PM
Send it to me,
markpalinski2003@yahoo.com

Thanks!
 juv3nal
01-19-2004, 5:53 AM
Please send a copy to me when you have it updated for the other jedi classes: -email removed-

edit: actually, nevermind. i think i can manage to do what i want with tetra's kotortool.
 lord_blodgett
01-19-2004, 3:44 PM
Please send a copy to lord_blodgett@yahoo.com
 CaspER sX
01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
RyknowLD5081@aol.com

Please send. Thanks.
 iceedogg
01-20-2004, 3:52 AM
Hey i want it Metaknight600@aol.com
 Akira X
01-20-2004, 4:33 AM
tekka_man_nova@hotmail.com plz send thx in advance
 ianags
01-20-2004, 4:50 AM
Could you please send a copy to me also? p0llux@comcast.net

TIA!
 hawkbs
01-20-2004, 5:18 AM
I'd love a copy of that please. hawkbs@hotmail.com
 Strangest Tribe
01-20-2004, 2:06 PM
I would love a copy as well!

mikeneal78@hotmail.com

Can anyone verify that they've had success with this tool? It sounds great.
 CDRSeadog
01-20-2004, 2:33 PM
Hmmmm...have you tried out Fred Tetra's KoTOR Utility yet? It is quite easy to use.

With it - I am currently playing my fourth KoTOR game - it's only taking me awhile this time, as I've been tweaking both the "classpowergain" and the "featgain" files to see if I could give my multi-classed Scout/Jedi Sentinel all the combat feats, and all the Light Force Powers.

Needless to say - my newest creation DOES have both the entire sets of combat feats, and all of the Light Force Powers:-)

That Kotor Utility is one fantastic program!
 Arianna
01-20-2004, 6:09 PM
I've been lookinf for this mod forever. If anyone has it, please send to lsutiger_1@hotmail.com. Thanks
 CDRSeadog
01-20-2004, 7:13 PM
Hello Arianna - I gather you are rather anxious to receive this Mod.

Sk8terkid81 is usually quite prompt at replying to someone's request...in the interim - I would be delighted to send you a pair of "mods" I made utilizing Fred Tetra's excellent Kotor Utility program.

The first is a modification of the "featgain" file...the second is my modification of the "classpowergain" file...each of which I've tweaked to be rather overly generous in giving out feats and/or force powers (depending on which file you put into your Override file - you can use both simultaneously, if you wish).

I'll send them out to you - mind you - I scan even my own files with Norton Antivirus. If you care to try either or both out - Enjoy :-)
 hochi1942
01-20-2004, 8:37 PM
can you send it to hochi1942@yahoo.com please all force power *drools* thanks :D
 eidospsogos
01-20-2004, 9:36 PM
hey, CDRSeadog. i would love those override 2da's. fredf's program is brilliant. his latest one opens .rims as well. but to be honest with you, at this point i think it would be beneficial for me to be able to look at someone else's work and study it. so if you could send me those featgain/forcepowergain files for the override folder i'd love it. my email is:

eidospsogos@hotmail.com
 Anach
01-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Could someone please email it to me also.
 MasterRevan2003
01-21-2004, 2:45 AM
Please send it to me too... In exchance for
my Player Models tutorial...

admiralck2003@hotmial.com

Please input your email for sending my tutorial...

TNX!

:deathii: :deathstar
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 3:34 AM
Anach - not a problem - I'd be glad to e-mail you my small efforts...ummm....but where would you like me to send them to???
 MasterRevan2003
01-21-2004, 5:21 AM
In my email: admiralck2003@hotmail.com

So that I can give the tutorial to you, please
show your email to me in this forum...

TNX, again.

Have a nice day! :fett:
 Syphadeus
01-21-2004, 8:30 AM
CDRSeadog - Might I also be so bold as to request your MODs? I'd be grateful if you could send them to the following email address:

pillar_of_autumn@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance! :)
 Supreme-Lord
01-21-2004, 12:43 PM
CDRSeadog can u send me taht MOD too

meelis.kodu@mail.ee
 feyss
01-21-2004, 2:29 PM
Can I have it pwetty pwease ?
 feyss
01-21-2004, 2:35 PM
Sorry 4got 2 include my email.

feyss@yahoo.com:jawa
 Anach
01-21-2004, 3:29 PM
oops sorry, thought there was an email button along with all the others under each post.

anachronous@phreaker.net
 tk102
01-21-2004, 6:39 PM
How about uploading somewhere and providing a link? It's more, um civilized that way. Anybody...
 CDRSeadog
01-21-2004, 6:48 PM
I'm in the process of finding someone who wants to host these files...I'd do it myself (I have free webspace available via my ISP)...but I haven't the faintest idea of how to go about setting up a website - and I'm totally ignorant when it comes to dealing with HTML *chuckles*
 kookaburra
01-22-2004, 2:21 AM
hi there my freind!

how are you? I would be very interested in knowing how to get all force powers now and how do you do it? also in ex -change with you gratitude i can ex change cheats with you :) some of those cheats are how to get master flurry without working for it and how to get any force power you desire( but people who know how to do it may disguard this) I would be happy to help people if you are interested also e-mail me at australian_kookaburra@hotmail.com

as for you my freind who knows how to get all force powers be my guest in showing me how

have a nice day! :)
 kookaburra
01-22-2004, 2:22 AM
oops i meant my e-mail is australian_kookaburra@hotmail.com i forgot the under score sorry guys and gals
 Blood_raven8
01-22-2004, 2:49 AM
Hey, If someone could send me copy and it is the right size, I could post it on the net.

Blood_raven8@hotmail.com
 Anach
01-22-2004, 3:43 AM
I forgot to ask, Does this simply make every force power selectable as an upgrade path or does it make you able to have all the force powers at once?
 CDRSeadog
01-22-2004, 4:53 AM
Anach - these files only come into play when you level up in the game...each time you level up as a regular class (i.e. soldier/scout/scoundrel) you get so many feats per level up - and that varies...same for when you level up as a Jedi - you get so many feats and powers per level up - and that also varies.

I did count up the total number of feats and powers normally allowed in the game when I configured these two files...and I created them for my own use on a dual class character (Scout/Jedi Sentinel) that I am still playing because I've re-started constant new games just to check out some of the excellent skins, etc...that are starting to come into play. I can also answer almost any normal gameplay question - as this time around is the fourth time I've played Kotor :-)

And whenever I finish - then I'll probably try a fifth game using Lil Jawa's Darth Revan ReIncarnated mod *chuckles*
 Akira X
01-22-2004, 5:40 AM
seadog can you tell me how to understand the hex in featgain I dont understand the all the coulmns and stuff. BTW if you look at the feats there are some you never see in the game or couldnt use. like I see battle meditation or master guard stance as soon as I under stand all the rows and coulmns and the system Ill see if I cant get them in the game
 bkb
01-22-2004, 5:51 AM
Hello,
Can you send me the files to binukbaby@hotmail.com
TIA
bkb
 Kitty Kitty
01-22-2004, 6:07 AM
Featgain.2da

label sol_reg sol_bon sct_reg sct_bon scd_reg scd_bon jcn_reg jcn_bon jsn_reg jsn_bon jgd_reg jgd_bon drx_reg drx_bon drc_reg drc_bon

First is index (start at 0, +1 per row)
Second is label, which for this file simply tells you what level it is
(will always be index+1)

Then you have paired groups by class. sol_reg is "how many
regular feats does a sol(dier) get at this level. So if you see a 1,
all soldiers will gain 1 feat at X level.

I'm guessing the sol_bon colum is for awarding bonus feats, but
frankly, I just ignore it. It's just as simple to just award a straight
number of feats in the "reg" colums.

Class abreviations are:
sol = soldier, sct = scout, scd = scoundrel, jcn = consular,
jsn = sentinel, jgd = guardian, drx = expert droid,
and drc = combat droid.

None of this file is in hex. Just enter the number of feats you
want at whatever level for whatever class, save, and drop in
override.

Feat.2da

label name description icon mincharlevel minattackbonus minstr mindex minint minwis minspelllvl prereqfeat1 prereqfeat2 gainmultiple effectsstack allclassescanuse category maxcr spellid successor crvalue usesperday masterfeat targetself orreqfeat0 orreqfeat1 orreqfeat2 orreqfeat3 orreqfeat4 reqskill constant toolscategories hostilefeat scd_list scd_granted scd_recom sol_list sol_granted sol_recom sct_list sct_granted sct_recom jcn_list jcn_granted jcn_recom jgd_list jgd_granted jgd_recom jsn_list jsn_granted jsn_recom drx_list drx_granted drx_recom drc_list drc_granted drc_recom exclusion usetype pips

Here we have index (get used to it, it's always there). Starts at
0 and counts up +1 per row.
Label here is which feat we're looking at, name and description
indicate entries in the dialogue file for the feat names and
descriptions that appear in-game. icon is what icon to display,
all the "min" whatever stuff is for setting requirements to be able
to pick this feat, such as level, various stats etc. The "prereq"
colums are for pre-requisite feats you must already have before
gaining this feat, indexed by their index number in this file.
gainmultiple means "can you gain this feat more than once" which
isn't used for KotOR really, so should always be 0. effstack means
"does this feat effect stack with other bonuses or effects?"
most don't, but some might be possible to change so they do.
allclassescanuse is simply a flag which either sets the feat to be
only available to classes that specifically gain it, or to everyone.
This feature was somewhat discontinued in KotOR, but it's wise
to change it to a 1 anyway if you want to give access to a feat
that a given class couldn't get before.
the colums like scd_list scd__granted and scd_recom work like
this... the list colum is whether and how it's listed. use 4 if you
do NOT want this feat available at level up for this class. 1 if you
do, and 3 if you are going to give this as a "freebie" at a specific
level. If that's the case, the granted colum needs to be the
number of the level where they gain it. If not, granted is -1.
recom is at what level the "reccomended" button will start telling
this class they should get this feat (or **** for do not reccomend).
Anything not specifically mentioned is either completely not used,
or it's something you really shouldn't or don't need to alter..so just
leave them as-is.

Whew.. sorry about the mess.. if that didn't answer your questions,
just let me know more specifically what you're looking for. ;)

-Kitty
 juv3nal
01-22-2004, 7:02 AM
cool. i was wondering about the scd_list values.
 vustare
01-22-2004, 7:59 AM
sk8terkid81,

I'd like to try it please. Thanx.
vustare@hotmail.com
Page: 1 of 2