Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Eliminating the Starting Class

Page: 1 of 1
 override367
01-09-2004, 12:08 AM
I tried this SetLocalVariable(oPC, CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL, nClass);

where nClass was the players class

now I didn't expect it to work, but it's all I could think of, seems setlocalvariable is a nonexistant command, even though it probably wouldn't work if it did exist

Anyone any closer to either eliminating the starting class or reverting it to level 0 so the player can grab a full 20 levels in jedi?

I can do this with hexeding but it has to be possible through scripting, if I can turn all the sith soldiers into Bastila clones who run around in their underthings I should be able to make the player a straight jedi damnit!

:D

Help me Lil':jawa your my only hope!
 andargor
01-09-2004, 12:27 AM
I was going to look at that eventually. It would probably have to be some sort of hex edit in swkotor.exe, since character creation seems to be hardcoded there.

And "reverting" means that skills and powers and such have to be selected. Perhaps ShowLevelUpGUI() called when the level 1 class is "Erased"?

And does GiveXPToCreature accept a negative amount? Perhaps it would clear out the class? Or maybe not...

Andargor
 Lil' Jawa
01-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Perhaps if one was to run exe through a dissassembler then trace it back and edit what controls starting classes(if it is in fact hard-coded)
 Talchia
01-16-2004, 5:02 PM
There are no commands for change or remove class, just add and get. I looked into the character generator, even if you change it to jedi the gui will hang up on skill selection, because kotor doesnt know what to do with the spell entry list on start. You can skip this if you pick the default char settings. With that you dont have any spells on level 1. So the level 20 jedi has less skills and spells than the 1/19 one. Hack the core, create a new gui, to much work for just one little level.
 override367
01-16-2004, 8:06 PM
I added a multiclass to mission before picking her up and she was a straight jedi when I grabbed her, not a scoundrel/jedi

maybe...something....agh hey

oh my brain is fried, ill get back to you
 lil_dude
01-16-2004, 9:08 PM
where can i get a hex-editor, i used to have one but can't find it, i'll look around at it see if i can help
Page: 1 of 1