Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shield to activate skin change?

Page: 1 of 1
 andargor
01-06-2004, 3:28 AM
Well, I was toying with shields to see if it can change the model. So the player would only have to "equip" the proper "shield".

Well, I've got something that works, and generating a shield for every model is fairly simple.

You can find the sample stuff Here (http://www.andargor.com/files/shield_revan_skin.zip)

Just dump it in Override, enter game, and cheat in "giveitem g_i_skinrevan00". It'll appear as Yusani's shield. Just equip and activate it. Poof! Revan.

The only side-effect is that other shields don't seem to show the animation. Maybe because the 2DA is decompiled (thanks eiz, used your decompiler)

What do you think?

Andargor
 Zod
01-06-2004, 10:27 AM
OMG!!! Thank you man!!! I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time!!! Thank you so much!!! I love you :D At last I get to be Revan!!!!! And it works great!!!
 eiz
01-06-2004, 12:29 PM
The only side-effect is that other shields don't seem to show the animation. Maybe because the 2DA is decompiled (thanks eiz, used your decompiler)

If you build an unchanged version of k_sup_bands.nss with the ported NwnNssComp and put it in your override directory, the same thing happens. As far as I know, using uncompiled 2das doesn't cause any problems. Using the -t1 argument to nwnnsscomp, it says k_sup_bands passes, so it might be that the game doesn't like having that script in the override directory.
 andargor
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Zod
OMG!!! Thank you man!!! I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time!!! Thank you so much!!! I love you :D At last I get to be Revan!!!!! And it works great!!!

This was just a test, the shield itself has only 5 charges, and I don't know if the model will survive area transitions. I know it survives local transitions, but changing planets maybe something else.

For example, if memory serves, the Tattoine to Ebon Hawk transition removes any disguise, so the shield may have to be reactivated. So I will put unlimited charges on the shield.

Andargor
 andargor
01-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by eiz
If you build an unchanged version of k_sup_bands.nss with the ported NwnNssComp and put it in your override directory, the same thing happens. As far as I know, using uncompiled 2das doesn't cause any problems. Using the -t1 argument to nwnnsscomp, it says k_sup_bands passes, so it might be that the game doesn't like having that script in the override directory.

Strange indeed. Well, I can always change the script in spells.2DA and put a custom script for it.

Do you know if I absolutely need to put an entry in dialog.tlk to change the description of the item? I was reading the ITP/UTI/GFF documentation, and it seems there are fields in there where the object name/description can be inserted.

Andargor
 eiz
01-06-2004, 12:43 PM
The item name and description are CExoLocStrings, if the STRREF is -1 you can add strings in the GFF itself (add an entry for language 0 to DescIdentified using gffeditor to do English).
 eiz
01-06-2004, 1:06 PM
I've actually found a better way to do this. I looked at itempropdef.2da to find out the meanings for the PropertiesList list entries, and it turns out that 59 is the property type for disguises. So if you change the PropertyName to 59 and the Subtype to 22, simply equipping the item will apply the disguise.
 peloquin
01-06-2004, 10:47 PM
worked great, cheers man :)
 andargor
01-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by eiz
The item name and description are CExoLocStrings, if the STRREF is -1 you can add strings in the GFF itself (add an entry for language 0 to DescIdentified using gffeditor to do English).

Hmm, using GFFEditor 1.3.4.7, I put in -1 for STRREF, 0 for language, Male for Gender, and the Add button doesn't do anything...

Something else I need to do?

Andargor
 eiz
01-07-2004, 10:16 PM
GFFEditor has a bug - hit enter in the language selection box rather than clicking add and it should work.
 andargor
01-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by eiz
GFFEditor has a bug - hit enter in the language selection box rather than clicking add and it should work.

Thanks, that did it.

Other that the fact that KotOR doesn't like shields with infinite charges (0) and that GFFEditor borks all the other CExoLoc strings when you change one, it's better than hex editing :)

Now back to fixing that damn store...

Andargor
Page: 1 of 1