Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sunlight problems...

Page: 1 of 1
 (AE)Movie_Guy
01-05-2004, 5:16 PM
I have looked at several posts on this topic and had believed I had it all figured out, but I'm still having problems.

Here is what I do. I create a light (I'm not sure how bright it should be for making a sun though) and then I unselect it and create an info_null. I select them both again and then hit Ctrl+K. The two are then connected by a green arrow which is pointing towards the light entity (I found that to be strange). Then I disselected the two and selected the light. Then I gave the light Key: _sun/Value:1. Next I compile the map in my GTKRadiant 1.4.0 with the Q3map2:(Final) BSP - meta, -vis, -light -fast -filter -super 2 - bounce 8.

Now after it is done compiling my map, I see that it did read my light as being a sun entity, but when I devmap it on sp/mp there is just no light at all.

Sorry for the long paragraph, but I wanted you to be able to spot a flaw in my process. I also only have to get this working to be able to release my first map and have it critisized by the masses. :D

HELP!!!!!!!!
 idontlikegeorge
01-05-2004, 7:16 PM
Ok, the arrow should be pointing toward the info_null, not the light.

That's your problem. Select the light first, then the info_null, then press ctrl-k.

Or, manually give the info_null a key/value targetname/lightdir and then give the light a key/value target/lightdir - and everything should work.
 GothiX
01-05-2004, 7:32 PM
Heh, kudo's for a very detailed description of your problem, it's something that appears to be rare..
 idontlikegeorge
01-05-2004, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by gothicX
Heh, kudo's for a very detailed description of your problem, it's something that appears to be rare..

Yeah, totally. I hate when people make a post like, "My map won't run, what is the problem?" - heh, it could be 100 million different things! Be more specific, we aren't psychic!
Page: 1 of 1