Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Maybe no mods support cause of Xbox?

Page: 1 of 1
 gunnarr
01-02-2004, 5:29 AM
hmm.. maybe they aren't allowing/supporting mods

because if lots of nice KOTOR pc version mods gets

developed(which im probably certain if modding gets

supported from bioware), then people would consider again when

buying xbox KOTOR or xbox itself? hmm..

- maybe they've got some kinda deal going on with MS

or even getting pressure from them? :(-

just my guess blahhhh

anyway keep up the good work going KOTOR modders!
im enjoying the lovely 'start as jedi' mod! thx!
 eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 5:57 AM
you could have something there.
 Darth Exar Kun
01-02-2004, 6:11 AM
then why is all of the modding allowed for JO and JA which are all multiplatform so the problem isn't lucasarts they seem to like modding
 eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 6:27 AM
oh it's definitely from the bioware end. i would have to agree with that. and i completely forgot JO was out for a console. :)
 Darth Exar Kun
01-02-2004, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by eidospsogos
oh it's definitely from the bioware end. i would have to agree with that. and i completely forgot JO was out for a console. :) lucky sob i wish i forget xbox's existence alltoghter but i can't unfournetly
 Lil' Jawa
01-02-2004, 9:22 PM
I doubt it, because the crowd which are already considering buying a console wouldn't see a PC as an option(many already have PCs in their homes anyway) and either way, they would need Microsoft Windows to run KOTOR so I don't think Microsoft care that much..I think it more likely that Bioware just don't have the time nor energy to support a community(they seem busy enough with NWN and all it's expansion etc it seems to me) that they don't want to take on any more big projects like that for the time being seeing as they have to develop Jade Empires atm too(for consoles too :mad:). Perhaps with KOTOR 2 they will see the demand and take on the burden anyway or perhaps they will just release the developers toolset with no support etc like developers sometimes do when they see the demand.
 eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah. i don't really give a d@mn if they officially support it or not. just because they don't officially support it, doesn't mean they have to take the time to ban the discussion of it from their forums. that's going a bit far in my opinion.

don't set up a community. that's fine with me. i don't care. but don't try to prohibit and stifle those who would like to mod this game from modding it. or worse yet, take away their first ammendment rights in regards to simply discussing mods for the game.
 HazardX
01-02-2004, 11:40 PM
The Worms3D Developers (Team17) banned modding too... seems to be trendy atm...
 override367
01-03-2004, 4:17 AM
Yea and absolutely stupid from a sales standpoint, since when has being a nazi-like developer when it comes to modding gotten a company anywhere?

Companies are still trying to figure out why BF1942 and Half-life are still selling, I personally think the guys that set these rules are morons
 Armisael
01-03-2004, 1:41 PM
*hopes no one noticed the ludicrous triple post*

What about Morrowind? Big seller on both platforms, massive modding community on the PC.
Page: 1 of 1