Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has anyone else been having trouble replying to posts in this section....?

Page: 1 of 1
 eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 4:59 AM
i cannot reply to any posts in the holowan labs. it times out and gives me a server cannot be found error every time i try. other areas of the starwarsknights forums seem fine. i mean they're slow to post, but at least they eventually do. :)

anyway, i have been trying to add this reply to the 'we gotta start modding thread in reply to a comment by darth exar kun:

yeah i would have been much happier had they placed my character's head on bandon's body when i put his armor on. i was so hopeful when i found that armor on his corpse. and very disappointed when i saw what happened when i put it on. i mean i liked it. it was cool. but it looked nothing like it did on him. and it looked alot better on him.

as for calo, i thought his armor looked better once i had pried it off his dead body and put it on myself. after all he was pretty short, it may seem weird for your head to be on his body all of a sudden. that could be more shocking to your party than the other revelation. "i don't know how i managed to shrink three feet, really!"

thought i would try to add a new thread and see if that would work.
 Darth Exar Kun
01-02-2004, 5:27 AM
i didn't consider Calo's height but i liked his clothes much better then his armor on any of my characters. it just seems alot of armor looks better on its original owner then on my characters. off topic is Casus's fett's armor worth buying?
 eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 5:57 AM
stat wise yes. but it is really and i mean really f@#king ugly. :)
 Phelon
01-02-2004, 11:20 AM
eidospogos :

Same problem here... I'll try it in this post.

Answer to your question from the "Has anyone...."-thread :

Sorry to dissapoint you a little, but what I've currently worked out is not even enough for you to get started with. I meanwhile know the basic structure, but there are fine diffrences from image to image. I haven't even figured out the header information at a rate I'm comfortable with.

What I have figured out is that BW uses somekind of graphic interpolation in many of their files, and I have verified this for all BG-Graphics and mainly the GUI-Stuff, and my guess from looking at the model textures is that they are no diffrent.

So far I have detected a whole lotta non-standard 16-Bit Images ( 565-Encoded for all who are interested ) and very few standard RGBA-Encoded Images.

Is there anyone out here with experience in interpolation methods, who could help me out a bit?
 eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 3:57 PM
thanks for the update. what ramifications does this have for the people in the mod community like myself who just like to work on things from an artistic standpoint? will it be possible to work on skins in the usual fashion at all?

but i am still wondering why no one can reply to that thread. maybe it's the man trying to keep the modder down. :)
 Phelon
01-03-2004, 3:21 AM
eidospsogos:

I can't say for sure, but my guess is you won't be able to make skins that consist of extreme pixel color variety next to each other ( black, green, yellow, blue, red, ... for example ).

As as far I have uncovered they use a rectangle blitting technique which allows a BG & FG Color per Rectangle. So extreme color changes per rectangle (checkboard style for example) will work just fine.

But for a normal texture, where you don't need hard color changes every pixel, I guess this format will be as unproblematic as those of other games we are and have been messing with.

This is only an estimate, and there is still much info to be uncovered. But without this info, nothing I say is 100% accurate, please be aware of that.
 eidospsogos
01-03-2004, 3:58 AM
no problem. just trying to get a glimpse into what the problems will be. :)
Page: 1 of 1