Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting scripts from nwn toolset

Page: 1 of 1
 Zhoken
01-01-2004, 9:02 PM
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is new or if you all already know this. But I thought it might be worth a thread of its own. (apologies if its not)

To those of you who have nwn and the toolset

when you open up the script editor and write a script then hit the compile button and close the script editor (but not the module your making the script in like lil jawss !KOTOR builder module)
The toolset makes a folder called Temp0 in the modules folder. In that folder it stores the script files, of the current module your working on.

You can copy the script from there to your Kotor Override folder.
This is how I modify Lil' jawas script so that I could play a Soldier/consular.

I only used the toolset and got a working script from it.

Note: if you have HoTU or SoU installed the scripts wont work in KoToR

Well im not sure if this is news to anyone, and I sure hope I made sense in explaining this.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Edit: Big thanks goes out to Lil' Jawa!

-Zhoken
 vustare
01-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey Zhoken,
Thanks for the info. A couple of questions.
How come compiling scripts with HOTU or SOU installed renders the recompiled script useless inside the KOTOR Override?
I tried modifying Lil' Jawa's script when it first came out using the NWN toolset, but when I put it in the KOTOR Override, it did not work. Do you have any idea why this is the case?
Thanks in advance,
Vic
(By-the-by, the modification I was trying to set up was a Scout-Jedi Guardian build...I prefer the Implants of the Scout myself).
 Zhoken
01-02-2004, 12:20 AM
vustare,

I have no clue as to why it wont work when Hotu or SoU is installed. Perhaps the script editor was upgraded which is causing some issues with kotor. All I know is that I had to reinstall with a pure nwn install, then the scripts I made worked fine.

I really dont know all that much about scripting or coding. Im kind of a "Cut and paste" scripter, if I can even call my self one ;)

Trial and error takes far too long... heh

(and ya gotta love the scouts clothes.. a la han solo.. )

-Zhoken
 HazardX
01-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Or just use my modified script compiler. It is completely converted to KotoR, so you doesn't even need NWN.
Read more about it HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=120785).

Btw: It is based on Torlacks NWN Toolset, so it works with all Tools made for it.
Page: 1 of 1