Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Drain animation from SP?

Page: 1 of 1
 Alf
01-01-2004, 8:12 AM
Hey,
is it possible to implement/replace the drain animation in MP with the one from SP (looks verys cool i think)?
And where do i have to look at?

thx for help!
 razorace
01-03-2004, 1:25 AM
I assume you mean the animation where you actually grab the victim to drain them? Well, you'd have to do some coding to make that work right.
 Alf
01-03-2004, 8:57 AM
Hey,

thx for answer. Yeah, that's the thing where you grab the opponent.
I did look around the sourcefiles and the animation itself is defined. i suppose this are the defined animations in anims.h:

BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRAB_START
BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRAB_HOLD
BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRAB_END
BOTH_FORCE_DRAIN_GRABBED

But i don't know how to implement them. the normal drain-animation affects only one player, the sp one does freeze the victim too...

Greetings
Alf
 razorace
01-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Well, the problem is that I don't have the time to research that stuff for you. It's pretty complicated. Sorry.
 Slider744
02-01-2004, 7:14 PM
i am actually trying to make this SP animation to work....

i let you know

razorace, So told me that you were trying to resolve the problem of saber block, (in default game sabes tend to block, and deflect too much).....

i am also trying to understand more the saber.c, bg_saber, ....etc... in order to try to decrease the saber block

i am not speaking about saber lock like in duel....
 razorace
02-02-2004, 2:38 PM
You mean how often the players do the automatic blocking of sabers in situations other than an actual saber on saber impact?

Just search for "else
{//damage the thing we hit" in w_saber.c.

The section above that is the section you're worried about. Personally, I've just disabled it completely and the game plays just dandy.
Page: 1 of 1