Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Male Twi'Lek Player

Page: 1 of 1
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Yes. That is what I need.:D How do I do that? Which tools do I need? Do I need any tools?

An alien skin pack would be neat. Dontcha think?

BTW, how IS Twi'Lek pronounced?:D
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 2:21 AM
it's pronounced both ways you would think to pronounce it phonetically in the game. so who knows. and this would be possible as you already have twi'lek player models. you'd just have to find someone who knows how to switch player models with NPC models in this game. wouldn't think it'd be that big of a deal though, you already have one in your party, use her. :)
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 12:22 PM
But Mission isnt a JEDI!:p Besides, she's blue.
 Lil' Jawa
01-01-2004, 1:22 PM
Is it just me or are blue twi'leks so much hotter? :P

Anyway, I know it was possible to polymorph your character to change model in NWN but now it seems they have removed the EffectPolymorph function in nwscript unfortunately..maybe there's another way.

and I think twi'lek is pronounced something like "tweee-leck" or "twii lek" as NPCs in the game often tend to say either one..it is strange though :)
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 2:02 PM
I dont think the Polymorphing is neccesary...The male Twi'Lek is a playermodel with all animations and stuff.
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 4:04 PM
yeah i agree. it's just a matter of something like swapping player models the way you would in a game like JA. going to the console and telling ht game to swap the current player model with another. but we don't know how to do that with this game.

and yes i thought blue was amuch better color. yellow was good too. but i also think mission looked alot better ingame than her concep art made her look.
 Oboe
01-01-2004, 4:16 PM
i like to put Mission in the light exo-skeleton and let her walk infront as i admire the view :D
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 4:21 PM
shame shame. well at least you didn't say you like to strip bastila to her undies and put her up front.
 Hellfire Jedi
01-01-2004, 4:38 PM
its pronouced...

twee leck
 Prime
01-01-2004, 4:44 PM
Originally posted by Lil' Jawa
Is it just me or are blue twi'leks so much hotter? :P Not just you. I don't know why :D
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 4:46 PM
No, red and green are much hotter:p

Aaaaanywayus, to the topic. Anyone you know that can help me?
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 5:34 PM
Oooooh, just thought of another cool thing. Playing as a Duros! :D Although, Im not sure if the Duros model has all animations and stuff.
 Bahumot
01-01-2004, 5:54 PM
Certain armor and clothing, like the Sith Trooper armor and Sand People Clothes completely change the player model. Purhaps if we could find the scripts for these items and alter them or create new ones? Do you guys think this would work, and where in the mess of files are the scripts for these two items?
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 6:10 PM
i don't think they really do COMPLETELY change the playermodel. no more so than every armor class changing the player model. the sand people clothing looks very similar to the star forge robes model wise, and thus i am imagining also are similar to revan's robes. the sith armor does change it alot more than the other, but even it has things that look similar to it, like the mandalorian armor. i think both those work on the same model. the only constant as a player is the head really.
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 6:21 PM
Something I came across in Neverwinter Nights; a helmet that changed your head into an Orc. Any help?:confused:
 HazardX
01-01-2004, 6:23 PM
Den Baster has obviously found a way to change player models:
http://www.fieldglory.narod.ru/shots.htm)
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 6:28 PM
well, then someone should gently nudge him in the direction of this post. :)
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 6:29 PM
And, nudge him to share how he does it.:)
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 6:36 PM
i don't think you can say for sure that it's pronounced only twee'lek, considering that the game itself pronounces it at least two different ways. i know i have heard the race referred to as twee'lek, and also as twy'lek. if the game is using two different pronounciations and it's coming from lucasarts, how can you be so sure which one is the correct one?
 Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 7:44 PM
Twy'Lek sounds better, IMO.:D
 CraZy_B
01-01-2004, 7:51 PM
What I'D like to see are jedi robes not changing original look. So Bastila, Juhani and Jolee could keep their kool robes instead of those plane, boring ones:D
 eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 8:05 PM
bastila and jolee looked pretty cool. but i hated juhani. i don't think there's ever been a character that annoyed me more appearance wise than she does. what is up with that hair for crying out loud? she would have looked better without that d@mn sprig of whatever sticking out of her head.
 xxss
01-02-2004, 3:57 PM
That's amazing. I'd like to see Revans mask implimented somehow, but I think if there's no spawn command it would be quite diffacult. I don't know if A player model can be modified or not, with the mask.
Page: 1 of 1