Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So, let's talk about me...

Page: 1 of 1
 BooJaka
12-30-2003, 6:29 PM
Ok people, I need your help! Having completed Broken Sword II earlier today (which may I say is truly and awesome game, go get it), I now have a hankering for more games to play. So far I've narrowed it down to four contenders which I can easily get:

The Longest Journey
Broken Sword III
Syberia
Runaway

But here's where I stop. I have no idea which one I should get! So please let me know which one I'd be stupid not to get and why. Make it snappy too, the january sales don't last forever ;
 elTee
12-30-2003, 7:07 PM
I've only played the first two on your list, and of them I prefer The Longest Journey. However, it is a bit like reading a novel compared to Broken Sword III, which is more hands on.
 scabb
12-30-2003, 7:43 PM
I thought Broken Sword 3 was a lot better than The Longest Journey. TLJ was a little too long-winded for me, I didn't find the dialogue or the story very interesting. However, BS3 was a little short, and lacking in the puzzle-area. Both are good though.

If you're looking for a more puzzling game, with puzzles, choose TLJ. If you're looking for an exciting story and "snappy" dialogue, get Broken Sword 3. Unless you absolutely despise crate-puzzles.
 MrManager
12-30-2003, 8:15 PM
All four games are good, but Broken Sword stands out. I also liked Runaway better than TLJ, and Syberia... Well, it's not great, but the atmosphere and story are excellent.

So yeah, go with Broken Sword 3 first.
 Metallus
12-30-2003, 8:55 PM
Syberia is the only one on that list that I've played, and found it quite dull. I guess it gets slightly more interesting towards the end but I can't say that getting to that point is time well spent.
 Skinkie
12-31-2003, 4:50 AM
I got Broken Sword III for Christmas and have found myself drawn to it.
 BooJaka
12-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I've read some reviews saying Syberia was probably not the best of the four but it seems to be good enough to get a sequel. Maybe everyone was missing something...
 BooJaka
12-31-2003, 3:57 PM
Is there a demo for BS3 at all? All I've been able to find is a trailer.
 Huz
12-31-2003, 11:37 PM
Yes there is. Get all you can eat here (ftp://ftp.blueyonder.co.uk/store2/blueyondergames/demos/broken_sword_demo.zip) (I think), among other places.
 Skinkie
01-01-2004, 5:01 AM
I played the demo first, its a good intro to the game, but I think playing the next scene as Nico is way more exciting.
 BooJaka
01-01-2004, 4:19 PM
I see, thank you very much. The demo seems pretty actiony, I had to push and crate and jump and climb over ledges. Is the rest of the game like that?

Also, the only demo for Syberia I've been able to find doesn't work. It says it's corrupted. Any idea where I can get one that works?
 MrManager
01-01-2004, 10:09 PM
There are (possibly a few too many) enviroment puzzles like that, but that's a far cry from action.
 scabb
01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Not really as climb-heavy, but yes, in general. Nico's first little adventure is better than Georgies.
 BooJaka
01-03-2004, 4:24 PM
Just so not to keep you all in suspence I decided to get The Longest Journey since I've been meaning to get it since it game out (which is a lot longer than I've been meaning to get the other games) and I managed to get it from Ebay at a total of Ј5.50

Thanks for your help and check out the second installment of this post in a month or so.
Page: 1 of 1