Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Copyright?

Page: 1 of 1
 |GG|Carl
12-26-2003, 11:53 AM
I've added some posters with famous musicians on 'em to my map, but is that really legal?

Can I just take some pictures down from the internet and add them to my map?
Or do I have to send everyone e-mails about it like "Dear mister bowie I want to add a picture of you on my JA map..."

I mean, there are tons skins and models out there that are supposed to be famous people/characters/things, which I think should be copyrighted. For example: Kiss skinpack, Ziggy stardust, Link, Sephiroth, Neo, Morpheus etc.

There are also lots of maps that are using such things, like: matrix reloaded, Christmas in Whoville, KOTOR_FLIGHT_SCHOOL etc.

Since everyone else does it, I should be allowed to do it as well. But are they really allowed?

NOTE: for those who are interested, this (http://hem.passagen.se/carlydergard/map3.jpg) is what I'm working on. The posters are there, but if I find out that this is illegal, they are deleted in less than a second.
 WadeV1589
12-26-2003, 2:30 PM
Use 'em, most mappers out there use high quality mp3's in their maps and get away with it. One or two pictures should attract no attention if taken from the internet - with the exception of those sites that very clearly say "before using any of these images anywhere, you MUST contact me" as some do!
 SiThLoRd><1000
01-01-2004, 5:28 AM
You making a rock based map? (You said Bowie) If so, provide details :) Some one made a kick-ass Pink Floyd map (Darker side of the Moon) and it was quite revolutionary.
 |GG|Carl
01-01-2004, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by SiThLoRd><1000
You making a rock based map? (You said Bowie) If so, provide details :)
Well, not ecactly, just one room is "rock based". And it's not very complicated...
Page: 1 of 1