Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

For those who have visisted the website today...

Page: 1 of 1
 The_One
12-25-2003, 4:42 PM
Merry Christmas!

Hope you liked your present :D

All discussion here please...
 The Count
12-25-2003, 5:18 PM
Cool it will be like the other official LucasArts Dark Forces demo; from the game pack.
 The_One
12-25-2003, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by The Count
Cool it will be like the other official LucasArts Dark Forces demo; from the game pack.

Exactly ;)
 Jedi Luke
12-25-2003, 8:36 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!!:noel:

Now you be a good little boy (community) and be patient or Santa (Mod Team) will not give you your present.
 Suprosa
12-26-2003, 5:47 PM
omg i shouldnt have visited today...I cant wait!!!
 michael_collins
12-26-2003, 7:44 PM
YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOTZOR

THE MOD TEAM ARE THE WIS3 MEN AND THEY BRING GIFTS OF SECRET BASE, TALAY AND ANOAT SEWERS :
 The Count
12-26-2003, 9:57 PM
No offence anyone but this isn't the best news that we have ever heard ever; this Mod was promised for Christmas 2003 however it had been delayed; not trying to be offensive; I just wanted to point that out, I never expected it to be out by Christmas anyway.

I predict this will be out by 2004 Christmas.
 Jedi Luke
12-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by The Count
No offence anyone but this isn't the best news that we have ever heard ever; this Mod was promised for Christmas 2003 however it had been delayed; not trying to be offensive; I just wanted to point that out, I never expected it to be out by Christmas anyway.

I predict this will be out by 2004 Christmas.

I will state a quote that a very wise and the best OPT creator from the X-Wing alliance upgrade team states. "If you're not happy with it, then go and do it yourself!"
 RaptorAlien
12-27-2003, 6:04 AM
LoL, I was at Target today, when I saw Jdi Academy on sale. I still didn't have it, so I grabbed it, and got second thoughts. Why? Is the game worth $45 (and yes, it was on sale :))? Then I remembered the Dark Forces mod and the rest is history.

Okay game, BTW. Better than I expected, but it still runs pretty crappy on my PC.
 The Count
12-27-2003, 5:47 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
I will state a quote that a very wise and the best OPT creator from the X-Wing alliance upgrade team states. "If you're not happy with it, then go and do it yourself!"

I never said I wasn't happy with it; I always suspected the Dark Forces Mod would not be released by Christmas 2003.
 RickRocker
12-28-2003, 6:46 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank you!

DF is still my favorite game ever. I've always wanted to play it with 'mouse look' but don't have room for a mac. I stumbled across this project over a year ago and haven't lost faith. I hope Lucasarts figures out that it should be ported to the Xbox and proceeds to throw money at you.
:deathstar
 Jedi Luke
12-28-2003, 7:17 AM
Thanks for the support and yes money or some form of payment/reward would be nice :cool:, but it aint gonna happen.
 The_One
12-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Let's keep this all in one thread.

Merged.
 SlicerDude
12-30-2003, 1:40 AM
Yay! I can't wait.

So will the rest of the mod be released piecewise as levels are finished? That's what I'd guess, but I'd like to know from the team. I'm sure I'd like that better than waiting for everything to be finished. As if anything is ever really finished.:) From a player's perspective, one advantage of mods like this is that it can still be worked on after it's released. Not saying I expect you to, but the opportunity's there.:)

Keep up the good work. From the screens we've been seeing it looks like we're in for a treat.:D
 Jedi Luke
12-30-2003, 2:42 AM
I'm not sure what the rest of the team think but my view is that it will all be released WID, not piece by piece. Dark Forces is ONE game. And with a 3 level demo, SURELY you can be patient enough :D.
 The_One
12-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Yeah, we figured since you hadn't seen anything from us for over a year, it was about time we gave you something new to play with - also, it gives us a chance to establish ourselves in the Jedi Academy modding community.

LucasArts also had 2 demos for the original DF: The Secret Base demo, and the first 3 levels. So, I guess you could say we are trying to emulate the LucasArts DF experience as closely as possible.

But, once this demo is out the door, aside from maybe a couple of trailers, you won't see anything produced by us until the final game is complete.
 Ackehallgren
12-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Wohhoooo!

It's gonna be just like the LucasArts demo i have :D

Thank you DF MOD team!
 SlicerDude
12-30-2003, 9:27 PM
Okay, I can be patient waiting for the final release. I'm sure it'll be worth it. It's not like I won't have other things to do (AP English 11 this semester). And I still have a lot of other games to play, and I can replay DF a couple times (maybe I'll try it on hard with the super shield off-haven't done that yet).

You guys are doing a great job.
 SlicerDude
12-30-2003, 9:29 PM
Kinda neat that it ends up like the original demos. Of course, to be just like it you'd have to make the cutscenes optional downloads for the first one.:)

Okay, I can be patient waiting for the final release. I'm sure it'll be worth it. It's not like I won't have other things to do (AP English 11 this semester). And I still have a lot of other games to play, and I can replay DF a couple times (maybe I'll try it on hard with the super shield off-haven't done that yet).

You guys are doing a great job.
Page: 1 of 1