Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Doublesided Lightsaber...

Page: 1 of 1
 ManaMana
12-24-2003, 11:17 AM
KotOR contains Saberstaffs.

SABERSTAFFS?!?!

It was Darth Maul who invented the Saberstaff-technique
about 4000 years after KotOR!
I think that this should be fixed, so you instead wield
Exar Kuns doublesided type! You can check my post at the Republic Newsfeed.
Lil' Jawa, maybe you can do something?

//Lord ManaMana\\

(The Thread) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=120297)
 Armisael
12-25-2003, 11:24 AM
This is just nitpicking. Besides which, even if the hilt of the double-saber in KotOR is longer than Exar Kun's, you can't separate it, so it's not derived from the one Darth Maul used.
 eidospsogos
12-25-2003, 12:40 PM
yeah this same topic was started under a thread in the republic newsfeed(except it was called "some historical things" or something like that), and covered in much more depth there.
 Celladur
12-29-2003, 2:15 PM
Where ever you get your info from it's wrong. Darth maul was the first to use a SaberStaff in the films but it was around long before that.
 Ewoktron
12-29-2003, 6:39 PM
I always thought the double bladed light saber was a training saber, I must of read it somewhere
 eidospsogos
12-29-2003, 7:47 PM
the double-bladed saber, or lightstaff, was used long before maul used it. we know this as exar kun used one. and that was probably 50 years before kotor time. it's not a training saber. though i did read it takes significantly more training to use one. it's considered rare and exotic even for a lightsaber. but it was around long before maul.
Page: 1 of 1