Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

/debug commands

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 5:14 AM
They should be togglable with a server variable, at least the /debugdropsaber one. That is very exploitable (ie, drop the saber then pull it back when the opponent is in the middle). The other ones I heard about are:

/debugthrow - Very hard to do in battle, but it picks someone up and tosses them!
/debugknockmedown - Trips you up.
/debugdropsaber - You drop your lightsaber.
/debugdismemberment 1-7 - Depending on the number, kills yourself and blows off a certain limb.
 razorace
12-21-2003, 8:12 AM
There's a reason why they aren't implimented, most of them don't work very well and other's just stupid for non-debug use.

As such, I don't think making them availible to general players is a good idea.
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I mean to lock them unless the server admin wants to let people use them.
 razorace
12-21-2003, 6:15 PM
I don't think that's a good idea. If we're going to try for that, someone needs to honestly go thru and make those things actually playable, instead of just debug commands.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-21-2003, 6:49 PM
SD,

When you saw this stuff happenning, was a mod being run on the server? I reakon it's possible a mod maker has gone and released a debug build...

..at least that's what it sounds like from what your saying...
 Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 9:21 PM
I just checked. They were running blademod. It apparently doesn't work in basejka. Sorry for the false alarm... :(

Heh. I feel stupid. :o

EDIT: Jedi Academy Reloaded 1.2 also has these commands.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-22-2003, 11:01 AM
I think it's a good thing your noting this really.

...it looks like a lot of mod makers are forgetting to switch to their 'Final' projects when building their dll's.

...I think Raven should have included a big visible in-game sign that a debug build is being run.
You couldn't forget your working with a debug build then...
 razorace
12-22-2003, 11:44 AM
I think it's fairly obvious. It gives you two warning messages whenever you start up in the debug compiles.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-22-2003, 12:02 PM
..heh, well it's 'obviously' not obvious enough, cos it looks like it's happenned for at least 2 mods.

An example from my work - when we give out Beta's of our software, we have Beta plastered in big old letters all over the background - so no-one can miss it.

If JKA Debug had a big old 'Debug' sign overlayed on the main gameplay, I doubt anybody would have missed it.

You can argue that mod makers should be a bit more observant, but I would argue the base code could have made it a bit more obvious too.

...take your pick I guess...
 razorace
12-22-2003, 12:14 PM
The answer is obvious. Email Raven and tell them to nerf debug mode!
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-22-2003, 1:01 PM
:) I don't think your quite getting what I mean.
Of course I don't mean permament, massive text right in the middle of the screen which means you can't see what's going on!! lol

...tell ya what, I'll submit a 'solution' for this to the OJP later which will clearly warn people that they are running a Debug build, and therefore we should never have an OJP (normal or derived) mod released in Debug mode.

If something this simple makes sure this won't happen, why NOT do it?!

It'll probably be a 1-liner - so if you don't like it, I can easiely take it out again...
 razorace
12-22-2003, 9:35 PM
Nah, that's great. I was just joking before. :)
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-23-2003, 8:21 AM
ahh - k :)
sorry about that.

...it's just that sarcasm doesn't nessesarily = joking...
Page: 1 of 1