Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Basic Idea: Cycle to the Next Map

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
12-20-2003, 3:52 AM
As you probably know, this is a common bug in the Q3 games.

Basically you're running a server, and when the round ends, the game expects a human player to hit "use" (or click fire) in order to trigger the "READY" sign by their name.

However if NOBODY clicks Ready, the game stays at the end of round screen FOREVER (or until the host manually switches maps).

As a result of this, some newbies disconnect at the end of the round, thinking the game is over (??) or else if you're running a server and it happens to only have bots at the end of the map, they will never click ready and the round will never advance until some patient person joins and clicks ready.

This is especially bad if you're running a mix of addon maps and base jka maps. Because unless somebody has the addon map you're running, it could be stuck at the "end of round" screen for a VERY LONG TIME.

What I suggest is that somehow it be made so that even if nobody clicks ready at the end of a round (bots or humans) it will automatically cycle to the next map (if g_automapcycle 1 enabled) or reload the current map (if it's set to 0).

Say, after maybe 10 seconds, it just automatically goes to the next map in the cycle.

This would save a lot of time and annoyance!
 razorace
12-20-2003, 4:59 AM
It's more of a design oversight than a bug. However, you have a good point.
 Marker0077
12-20-2003, 6:56 AM
Very seldom do I see the map stick at this point. Normally, it takes under 10 seconds or so for the map to change or everyone can hit ready & make it change faster. I have seen it stick from time to time but it's not something I see happen often.
 Wudan
12-20-2003, 12:47 PM
But it does happen, and it would be good to fix.
Page: 1 of 1