Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Galaxies anything Tatooine screenshots wanted

Page: 1 of 1
 JoeSolo
12-13-2003, 8:20 PM
Im planning on making one of the cities in Tatooine (not all of it thats impossible :( ) LDJ sent me a nice pic of anchorhead but i really need more than one pic and ive sold my episode 1 and 2 DVD's so all i have to go on is Raven's architecture

I was wondering if anyone could post or send me some screens. Preferably the walled city is it Anchorhead or Bestine?

Email is Joe_zif@blur13.co.uk

If anyone could help that would be great
 codja
02-21-2004, 8:56 AM
You can have a look on the Lucasarts website - they've got loads of screenshots of Anchorhead from Knights of the Old Republic. Alternative, just do a google image search for tatooine - that'll bring up loads of pictures.

You can also try searching for Tunisian or Moroccan architecture - generally any Islamic country - the themes are all the same and you might pick up some new or original ideas!
 Darksaber_SMC
02-21-2004, 2:27 PM
You can also get some neat ideas by taking screenshots of the tatooine maps in JKA!! lol, thats my idea :P ahha

--Darksaber :atat:
 JoeSolo
03-02-2004, 12:19 PM
I haven't got a problem with the architecture its just the layout, how i would lay it all out -thats always my problem most of my maps are linear, parallel, symmetrical dunno why its just my thing, but cities aren't like that which is why i need some pics LOL
 Emon
03-02-2004, 3:27 PM
Use Google image search.
 codja
03-04-2004, 10:50 AM
I find it helpful when designing town or city layouts to have a focal point at the centre - some where that the town has grown outwards from. The best example of this is in the EP IV special edition where it shows the crashed spaceship that Mos Eisley is supposed have grown around.

You can just sketch down the streets, roads and key buildings down on a piece of paper and just start actually building the buildings once all the key areas are in place (sorry for that crap sentence). I generally find it extremely useful to sketch stuff out on paper as a rough guide - if your imagination runs dry then you can go by what you've jotted down. I usually tend to find cool things to add while i'm putting my sketch into radiant.

If it's a spaceport, then you should start at the docking bays and build up the support buildings around it (docking control, admin, cantinas etc), or if a market town, then put the market in the centre.

It's a colony world so i'd assume the urban centres would be based on a grid network anyway?
Page: 1 of 1