Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicle Tags, *.veh ect?

Page: 1 of 1
 tarafudge
12-13-2003, 4:53 PM
I made a model for Jedi Academy, and I want it to act like a swoop vehicle. What tags and files do I need to do this? I've looked everywhere and NOONE seems to have the tags listed or explaining the *.veh files. I have only found some information on the matter. Someone please post a list of tags for any type of vehicle and give me some sort of tutorial for making *.veh files. I'm using Gmax, and I have an *.md3 exporter, which I will then export to *.glm with md3view.

P.S.: Anyone got any tutorials on UVW Mapping complex models? I've gotten to the UVW Mapping screen and it looks someone confusing. Any help with this is appreciated.
 Duncan_10158
12-14-2003, 10:20 AM
here on this forum is a thread: Tutorial Importing Vehicles into JA. there is a link to my tutorial, here it is too:
http://io.meskinaw.net/vehicle_importing_tutorial_for_ja.html)

In this tutorial are answer most of your question, but most importent, you cant creat vehicle models using Gmax. read the tutuoral.
 tarafudge
12-14-2003, 11:34 AM
I've been looking everywhere for a vehicle tutorial. Thanks for the help. I've been wonderin, should we make a resource thread for vehicles?

P.S.: I'm getting 3dsmax 6.
 Duncan_10158
12-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tarafudge
P.S.: I'm getting 3dsmax 6.

i am very sorry, but as i heard the XSI exporters doesnt work with 3dsmax 6. they seem only to work with 3ds max 4/4.2/5

its also that not all XSI exporters work for importing models. for my 4.2 version only worked the one raven release in its first SDK for JO more then a year ago, any other doesnt work.
Page: 1 of 1