Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

enhanced and basic?

Page: 1 of 1
 -ST-i_stinks
12-12-2003, 2:00 AM
well i installed both both basic and enchanced and they are in different folders in the gamedata

ojpenchanced and ojpbasic so is there a way to load this 2 mod together?

i'm thinking of putting both mod together in 1 folder but i'm afraid it might cause some conflict so erm is there a way ?

thanks
 Samuel Dravis
12-12-2003, 2:20 AM
Enhanced contains Basic, along with the gameplay changes specific to Enhanced. So just load the 'ojpenhanced', and you've got them both.
 -ST-i_stinks
12-12-2003, 2:23 AM
sorry i'm have though that it 2 different thing

*sorry*
 razorace
12-12-2003, 3:39 AM
That's ok. Jk2files was really vague about that.
 Marker0077
12-12-2003, 10:24 AM
There's no changes made to the source in Basic is there Razor? If there's not, it's basically just a client side mod anyways & can be loaded into the base folder.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-12-2003, 11:21 AM
There are code changes in the Basic distro.
(e.g. allowing Duel taunts in all gametypes)

The difference between Basic and Enhanced is that any code changes in Basic shouldn't affect anything directly to do with gameplay.

Enhanced, however, can make gameplay changes...
 Emon
12-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Actually, we agreed that Basic could make gameplay changes, but only minor ones, e.g. balance. Basic isn't for anything outside the scope of an official patch...
 RenegadeOfPhunk
12-12-2003, 1:20 PM
Yes - OK, your right.

Basic would only include any nessesary gameplay 'fixes' as opposed to gameplay 'enhancements'.

I, however, would suggest being very cautious with what are considered to be gamplay 'fixes'. Personally, I think it's safer to make a clean distinction between ANY gamplay changes and none - but if there is something we are damn sure that the vast majority of players want changing at a fundemental level - then I guess we shouldn't rule it out...
 razorace
12-12-2003, 7:08 PM
I agree. The people that will like the Basic compile are very picky about gameplay changes.
Page: 1 of 1