Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Serverside Autodownload problem

Page: 1 of 1
 STRATERCAS
12-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Where do I find the option to turn on autodownload on my dedicated server.

I have:

Jedi Academy Dedicated Server v1.011 [Windows]
OmNI AdminMOD 1.2

I'm still new to this I've been able to figure everything i wanted to up untill now.

And for those who hate Admin MOD's I've only used it once to Bann a racist peace of crap. I don't use my admin powers unless people are very hatefull towards others. I know lot's of people abuse there admin mod's I don't but in my opinion if you don't like the 12 years admin find another server when people quit coming there they'll get the picture.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-12-2003, 12:55 AM
You should probably post this in the Dedicated Server Forum designed for questions like this.

Use sv_allowDownload 1, either
seta sv_allowDownload 1 in the server.cfg file or
/set sv_allowDownload 1 in the server's console or
/rcon set sv_allowDownload 1 with remote console.

But why do you want to do this? It will take up a lot of your bandwidth and still be slow. Most players won't wait and will disconnect and go to a server that doesn't try to download something to them. Generally not a good idea. Also, skin files will not autodownload, only maps and some other files.
 STRATERCAS
12-12-2003, 3:29 AM
Thank you.

I know it will take up bandwidth, but I remember in JK2 my favorite servers getting new files and I just could not find the files to download. I ended up not playing JK2 at all becuase it happened alot to me. So now that i'm running a server i would like to have it, but I would like to know how to lower the set max download speed also. I seen someservers do that in JK2.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
12-12-2003, 4:01 AM
Server download is not good for anything except small files. Forget it for maps that are often several MB in size, no one is going to sit there for hours while a map downloads painfully slowly from your server.

If you want to use custom maps you have to direct them to a place where they can download them.

Custom maps work best in a LAN or clan situation where a group of friends make sure they have all the maps. Forget it for a public server.

When your server is constantly empty because people see there is a long download to get in and disconnect, you'll understand what I'm trying to tell you.
 Samuel Dravis
12-12-2003, 4:32 AM
Some maps are OK though. Like the 'BWN Downpour' duel map. I autodownloaded that one (think it was around 195kb). That is a great map.

Custom bot files are OK too. Kurgan's got some great ones on his server. :D
 STRATERCAS
12-12-2003, 6:48 AM
I do understand for the maps. Like that matrix one 26megs or something like that. It's on there but if I see the server empty I switch it to a default map if I happen to glance at the console when i'm not playing. Or does that not make a differnce?
Page: 1 of 1