Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How did you defeat Darth Bandon? *Spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 Clemme w/Stick
12-10-2003, 6:47 PM
Ok, you got me, I'm stuck.
I cant get past Bandon and his two lackeys :(. I've tried to kill him for the last 1Ѕ-2Ѕ hours now, and I simply cant kill him. So how did you manage to defeat him?

Heres my party:
Zaalbar (Vibrosword + Ceremonial Wookie Blade)
Jobelee (2 Lightsabers)
Me (2 Lightsabers)

This is my 4th Starmap, and I've chosen Korriban for it. Any help would be great, even if its a little. I just want to get past him and move on in the game. I hate being stuck in one place.

Plz help me :confused:.

-Clemme
 Speedy_Lube
12-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Well that was a tough one. Remember the first rule of video game combat: concentrate fire. I would kill Bandon first thing. Have everyone attack him. The other two wont do enough damage on ya. Try to use Stasis or something like that.
 eidospsogos
12-10-2003, 11:02 PM
hmmm, odd. i guess he shows up randomly as he showed up for me on manaan, after getting the star map there, which was my third one.

to be honest with you i don't remember having any trouble with him. but you and i have also been having that conversation about me leveling up too fast as well :).

the prior comment about focusing on bandon first is quite accurate and to the point. that is probably the best case scenario. i however, had the main character, bastila, and either joelee or carth. think it was joelee. because if i remember correctly, i had bastila and joelee use force wave over and over again while i attacked bandon with the lightsabers. so by the time i had killed bandon the lackeys were long dead. force wave is a must have power.
 Flapper Face
12-11-2003, 1:36 AM
Yes, I also had an insanely hard time killing Darth Bandon, and like you, I was on Korriban. However, fate, destiny, or the Force allowed me to get through even when I was out numbered and outgunned.

After I left the Sith Acadamy to get the ancient Sith holocron (the one inside the mother Tuk'Ata) I was surprised to see Darth Bandon waiting for me just outside the door. I tried to have everyone (Me, Carth, and Jolee) attack Bandon but we were outmatched.

Seeing this, I took my main character and fled down the ravine. After Darth Bandon and his two colegues (Still perfectly healthy by the way) killed Carth and Jolee I decided that I would see if a thermal detonator could slow them down (They did not persue me after the killed Carth and Jolee and they were all still close to the door). Of course all the thermal detonator did was slightly injure (very slightly) them and get them to chase me again.

I ran to where the ravine ends and leads to the archeological grounds. Hoping that they were no longer pursuing I stopped here to try to formulate a strategy. To my great surprise Carth and Jolee came back to life only a few feet away from me. Sadly, they were both killed moments later when Darth Bandon and his two apprentices came running around the corner.

I once again fled and only Darth Bandon followed me. (His apprentices were too busy fighting Carth and Jolee). I decided to run to the fartheset tomb to the right and try to lose Darth Bandon. However, Darth Bandon was not so easily tricked he continued to follow me right to the mouth of the tomb. Once again, I decided to flee (Yeah, Yeah, I know. I am a big coward. :D )

On my way across the archeological grounds I passed within a few feet of the Sith academy student who I had agreed earlier in the game to help get the holocron from a Tuk'Ata mother. When I got within about 3 feet of her while fleeing from Bandon she talked to me about helping her kill the Tuk'Ata (which was on the bottom of my list of priorities at the moment) and then proceeded to draw out the Tuk'Ata mother and two other Tuk'Ata. Darth Bandon was about 10 feet behind me at this time.

I continued running but when I realised that Darth Bandon was no longer following me I turned around and saw that Bandon and the Sith academy student were both attacking the Tuk'Ata. However, I could not make out much more due to the fact that I was fairly far away by now. The battle continued for about 8 minutes until, to my incredible surprise and delight, Darth Bandon dropped dead (When he was chasing me he had full health). The Tuk'Ata had actually successfully killed Darth Bandon by themselves! The Sith student finished off the Tuk'Ata then came to talk to me. After I learned of her betrayal I had to kill her.

Now all I had to do was kill the two apprentices of Darth Bandon. For them I simply used force push and light saber throws mixed in with some mines to kill them.

Even though it worked for me I cannot assure you that the Tuk’Ata will actually kill Bandon, the force was truly with me that time. :)

(BTW- I know that this sounds like a joke but it really happened. Like I said, I was far away when Bandon was engaging the Tuk'Ata so I don't know how they managed to kill Bandon, but they did)
 HertogJan
12-11-2003, 9:04 AM
The problem I had with Brandon is that he uses "Death Field" too much. You do some damage to him, but then he drains life from your party and heals himself :( I believe I was with Bastila and Carth at the time (it was outside the starmap cave on Tatooine, the same place I met Calo Nord (sp?) by the way...) and I concentrated fire and threw some 'nades and and I used lots of special attacks. And it works. Don't forget to heal yourself using force heal or something during the fight...
 Clemme w/Stick
12-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Well, I got passed him yesterday just before bedtime :).
Anyways what I did was to lower the difficulty lvl, I know, I'm a cheap shot. At least I got past him. Now its time to move on in the game. Time to kill some sith.

-Clemme
 txa1265
12-11-2003, 11:16 AM
I found it pretty hard my first time through, as a Scoundrel/Consular, with Bastila and HK-47 with me. It was on Kashyyk, right off the 'basket'. I died (i.e. my whole party) twice, which doesn't seem much, but it was still a very tough fight. I defeated him with Force Breach and Wave, having Bastila Flurry and HK-47 Master Sniper.

This time, it was so easy it amazed me. I was on Manaan, with Juhani and Jolee, and I'm a Soldier/Guardian. When I spotted them, I did a Force Jump attack, which gave ~50 damage with my dual custom sabers, and two flurry hits later he was dead. I took ~15 damage, Juhani a bit more, and Jolee sat back 'waving' the henchmen, and he took 0.

I just have to say that Master Flurry with Master 2-weapon is an extremely satisfying way to go. in my second encounter with Malak on the Leviathan I took him out in a single attack ... I can't wait for the finale!

Mike
 Mex
12-11-2003, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
Well, I got passed him yesterday just before bedtime :).
Anyways what I did was to lower the difficulty lvl, I know, I'm a cheap shot. At least I got past him. Now its time to move on in the game. Time to kill some sith.

-Clemme

Aaand who helped you with that? *Wink wink nudge nudge*
 Clemme w/Stick
12-12-2003, 7:43 AM
Originally posted by Michaelmexp
Aaand who helped you with that? *Wink wink nudge nudge*

Thx man :thumbsup:.

*Sends Michael an online bottle of LFs finest booze*

-Clemme
 Toa Tahu
12-12-2003, 1:45 PM
Eh?I found him quite easy,me myself being level 15/16 at that time and Bastila and Jolee level 14.I just Master Crit. Strike him until he died and flurried the rest.Simple as that.(no offense)Or just activate Immunity and charge on!Don't forget your Stims.
 cheeto101
12-14-2003, 7:37 PM
yeah, force immunity is a def must for fightin bandon. I had canderous, hk47 and myself as a jedi consular. The first time i played through the game a as a guardian i slaughtered him, but hes pretty good at bein immune or saving to most force powers. So te consular was wayyy harder.

The best way was use force speed with 2 sabers and flurry the hell outta him.

And how your fightin him on your last starmap ill never know. I always get kalo for the first star map and bandon on the third.
 eidospsogos
12-14-2003, 7:53 PM
well if you include the one on dantooine, the third is technically the 4th.
 Sam Fisher
12-15-2003, 1:05 AM
I used Stasis Field, and it was very helpful.
Page: 1 of 1