Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

When tags go wild

Page: 1 of 1
 tFighterPilot
12-02-2003, 9:51 AM
I have a problem with two vehicles I didn't made, but tried to turn them into vehicles. I put all the tags I need, in the right places, but after compiling, when I open the glm in 3D Studio Max or ModView, some of the tags are in the right place, while other are misplaced.

Please help
 Duncan_10158
12-02-2003, 10:13 AM
this tags going wild can happen when moving tags that are still weighted. after moving an element it always have to be reweighted again. 3ds max can handle these movements but assimilate and JA cant. its the same as moving or mirroring, it needs to be Xform rest or it will turn up wrong in game.

i hope thats the problem you have, cause its easy to fix :)
 tFighterPilot
12-02-2003, 10:50 AM
grrrr :mad:

Some of the tags are refusing to be weightened, while the others are flying across the universe when they're weightened.
 Duncan_10158
12-02-2003, 4:18 PM
so i would suggest to delete them all and creat new once. they are just single sided triangles. perhaps also rest xform of the parent object of this tag. thats it, i dont know anymore.
 tFighterPilot
12-02-2003, 4:39 PM
Looks like I got it fixed :)
Page: 1 of 1