Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Basic Submission: Old JK2 Gametypes

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
12-02-2003, 5:21 AM
Ok, with the help of Mushroom, I've done the code modifications nessicary to use the removed JK2 gametypes. Everything should the ready to go, all you have to do is set up a map (or use an old JK2 one) that supports the gametypes.

Speaking of which, do the CTY maps use the CTF entities or are they seperate?

Anyway, the changes have been added to the Basic and Enhanced sources on the repository.
 Marker0077
12-02-2003, 6:24 AM
Someone did a 50 mb pack that had everything you needed to use all the JK2 maps & skins & whatnot for JK3 & I was thinking of doing something similar for Cool Mods.

With the maps in Cool Mods, all maps support all gametypes. Now I probably wouldn't go for this with Siege but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to play Duel mode on FFA maps or vice versa, hell, some of the new Duel maps in JK3 are as big as an FFA map.

This is something that may be used in conjuction with what you are doing. This is something that's not going to be done until the main CM stuff is out there but if you have anything that you think should go in there, lemme know.
 razorace
12-02-2003, 8:23 AM
Well, I'm talking just a straight conversion. Adding additional gametype support would probably require a redownload of the .bsp.
 razorace
12-14-2003, 8:03 AM
Improvement: Fixed the menus to only display maps for the jk2 gametypes that support them.....completed.
Page: 1 of 1