Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWGB Demo Screen Re-draw Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Z3n B4st4rd
09-30-2001, 12:54 PM
Re-Installed demo after updating G-Force 3 to Detonator XP driver and re-installing Direct X 8.0 a. Still getting a persistent
screen re-draw problem. Scrolling in any direction results in a scrambled mess on screen.
Running Win 2K Pro on Abit VP6 Dual Proc MB with 2x 1Ghz PIII
256 MB Ram
VisionTek G-Force 3 with up to the minute drivers
Direct X 8.0A
Monitor is a Proscan Digital Hi-Res Television w/SVGA Max 800 x 600 @60hz.
(Game options show 1024x 768 rez which cannot be changed i.e "greyed out")??
Still the display looks fine until you move the mouse.
Any ideas???

:atat:
 EndSub
10-01-2001, 8:32 AM
the game only supports 800*600.....how the heck did you upgrade your computer, to that standerd, whithout getting a new monitor :D
 Spain
10-01-2001, 7:07 PM
the demo only support 800*600, I have a monitor of 17 inch (sony 200Es) , My problem is that this 800*600 resolution is very bad , low quality colors and screen.

The first mission is very short and I donґt give to build any. Only multiplayer can to build some structures and soldiers.

P.D: Iґm sorry , i donґt know American (English). My English is very bad. Iґm spanish.
 EndSub
10-02-2001, 9:58 AM
hmmm..... I am pretty sure the Demo only supports 1024*768.......
 JonnyBravo
10-02-2001, 12:15 PM
Dito Z3n B4st4rd,

I'm getting the same direct draw problem. Kinda hard to keep track of Darth Vader when there's like 50 of him on the screen and you don't know which is the real one.

I went a step further in trouble shooting. I already had Directx 8.0a, but I redownloaded it and installed it again to make sure. Had the nvidia 12.41 drivers and updated to the xp detonator drivers as well. Did a scandisk and disk defrag to increase performance and ended task on all programs running in the background (except explorer and systray of course). Tried different resolutions in 16 bit high color (640x480, 800x600).

Ran dxdiag.exe even though all the tests passed directx with flying colors I noticed that the nvdisp.drv is not certified by Microsoft. Shouldn't matter because all my other directx games run fine on either nvidia driver(12.41 & 12.81) so why should this game be any different? I have a feeling it's a direct draw bug that was missed in the GB demo which hopefully will be fixed in the full version.

Jonny Bravo :fett:
 Z3n B4st4rd
10-03-2001, 9:58 PM
Thanks to all who responded.
It looks like the locked in resolution of 1024 x 768 is the problem. I dusted off my Celeron 533 with 17" Monitor and
Nvidia TNT2 set to 1024 x 768 and the game ran fine. Its just not that interesting. I mean come on... TIE Bombers that just park over a ground target at 30 feet off the deck. Did they just not have enough ground unit types within the Star Wars milieu to work with. Air units should act like air units. I don't think I will buy this game.
I will play Sub Command until Yuri's Revenge comes out. Talk about deep strategy (no pun intended). It may be a little dry (oops) to most people, but once you get your mind around using the sonar and sensors its very enjoyable.
As to why my monitor seems to be lacking in the specs dept. its also a 34" Television. I wish I could afford one of those Wide screen HDTV's with XGA capabilities, but they are like $5,000.

Stay Frosty,

Z3n B4st4rd
 Emp_Palpatine
10-04-2001, 7:30 AM
i dun understand a thing u r talking about...

jk

my friend had that problem too but i dun know how but he fixed it.... i will ask him
 JonnyBravo
10-12-2001, 3:04 PM
Doh!

So 1024 x 768 works? Too bad I can't try it. My monitor blew and I have to settle for using my 27" TV right now. Maybe I'll put on a zip disk or burn the demo to cd and try it at my friends place.
Thanks for the resolution tip Z3n B4st4rd.

Jonny Bravo:fett:
Page: 1 of 1