Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Complements

Page: 1 of 1
 BigSteve-O
12-01-2003, 12:47 AM
gotta say, this is the best mod ive ever seen. also the screenies on the web page for the subterranian hideout level are fantastic, that level looks great! keep up the good work! by the way, will this only be for ja or jkii also?
 FatSpider
12-02-2003, 2:32 AM
The team is trying to port everything over to JA, things are looking very good for us. Expect some more high class updates soon. :)
 Darth NeoVenom
12-02-2003, 12:19 PM
So it'z going to be only for JA? I think it will be cool to have it for both games. I don't have JA....yet. :D
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Come on, we're not miracle workers!!:p . There's just not enough time to create the mod for both jk2 and ja. Everything will have to be ported over and things manually changed, which takes time. Plus, JA has a lot more scripting capabilities for MOD enhancement compared to the jk2 engine.

Thanks for the compliments:)

Btw, get JA ASAP!!:D
 Darth NeoVenom
12-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Oh ok. When I downloaded the demo for JKII, it looked awesome. So that means that it will look evem better on JA? I have to get it. :p The only problem is I have no money at the current time. It costs $50, right? (By the way, what does LOD mean? I see it a lot on jk2files.com when I'm downloading models.)
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Yes it will be better on Jedi Academy.

As for LOD, a LOD stands for Level Of Detail, which is in reference to a model. There's a lot more to this (incl. polys) but i'm guessing you just wanted to know what LOD meant. If not, then check here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.stuff?body=FAQ#20) and click on 'What is a LOD?'
 Darth NeoVenom
12-02-2003, 1:08 PM
Pretty Interesting. I wish I can learn how to model and skin or do anything else. I tried to give it a go by reading some stuff on it, but it was complicated. If I know how to do it, I would have done a Darth Maul model but with a cloak and a Padme Amidala (Episode I) model. Maybe I'll put more effort and try to learn. Is it hard to script, create maps, etc.?
 FatSpider
12-02-2003, 2:21 PM
It took me around 4 years to get good at level design, and I'm still learning how to do it. Scripting ICARUS is extreamly new to me, but with out it level designers could not breathe life into the levels they create.

If your interested in creating maps start out small, very small. create one room and work on that one room until you feel absolutly comfortable with GTK Radiant. Then start to move to bigger things.

I started with MP maps that me and my friends would play at LAN parties, now I'm doing my first Single player level, there is a big difference between the two but its not a big enough gap to get totally lost in. If you have any questions post them here and I'll try to answer.

Always willing to help.
 Jedi Luke
12-02-2003, 9:37 PM
Yeah, ICARUS scripting is very important to give maps functionality. These include, dynamic music, cutscenes, mission objectives plus many other things. And if you are going into mapping, click here (http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/index.html) for an excellent Radiant tutorial. Yeah I know its for jk2 and not jka but its almost the same thing. This tutorial will set the grounds for mapping, then its up to you to decide what you want in your map. Good luck with whatever you do and enjoy!
 BigSteve-O
12-03-2003, 1:09 AM
im gettin ja soon as it come out for mac, which should be this month!
 SlicerDude
12-04-2003, 1:17 AM
Darth NeoVenom:
I'm not sure how expensive JA is now, but if the price hasn't dropped yet, it will before this mod's ready. I'd watch for sales around Christmastime (before and after), but also know that the price will drop just like it does for all other games.

Just checked Amazon-$45. And I bet you could find a better deal elsewhere.
 Jedi Luke
12-04-2003, 2:58 AM
Yeah, just make sure you grab yourself a copy of JKA. You'll get one well before the mod is complete.
Page: 1 of 1