Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Land of the Dead painting?

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
11-30-2003, 8:07 AM
There was, a time ago, a famous painting of the Land of the Dead, or an interpretation of what it would look like at least. Possibly called 'the great journey'. Anyone know anything about it or where I can find a picture of it?

Also, in the Grim Fandango CD when you open it up there was a mural that was done in aztec design. Does anyone have a high res copy of this picture?
 Incredible_d
11-30-2003, 11:10 PM
I can't think of where I would get a high-res version...
 Holdios
12-01-2003, 12:57 AM
My mother has an extensive library of paintings in her head. I'll ask her when I get the chance. To help her out, can you give me a brief description of what's in it? Is it abstract art?
 MeddlingMonk
12-01-2003, 7:59 AM
Perchance, are you thinking of the DOD Travellers' Guide (http://www.lois.co.uk/dod-guide/map.html)?)

It's a pity old Sam isn't still around (I mean the forums...I presume he's still sucking air), and that he never drew the comic we'd worked up (I still have the script if anyone with drawing skills cares).
 MJ
12-01-2003, 10:12 AM
When I say there was a famous painting of the land of the dead, it has nothing to do with Grim Fandango. It was a painting based on the south american beliefs. I don't think it was abstract, and the only person off the top of my head that I know who knows about it is Godfrey Tanner, but he's dead now. :(

I've seen it once, it was years ago. I can't remember what it had on it. I'm not sure, but maybe many souls making a journey through trees.
Page: 1 of 1