Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Broken Sword 3

Page: 1 of 1
 scabb
11-28-2003, 9:44 PM
Anyone got their hands on it yet? I've been playing for the last few days, and my comments shall be shared in spoiler tag form!

It looks great, and the control system works fine. It might even convince some people that adventure games can work in 3D. :¬: The plot seems to be picking up nicely, and everything seems in order. It's fun to explore an area as George, and then return to the same area as Nico, and some of the new characters are excellent. But, and this needs to be adressed: why the hell are there so many puzzles that involve shifting several crates around? If I see another, I may explode. Seems a little easy too, I've only just managed to get myself stuck on a wine-related problem. Still, definitely the best second best 3D adventure game that I've played, and easily worth picking up ;D
 MrManager
11-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Still waiting for the US Xbox release. :~
 bgbennyboy
11-29-2003, 10:31 AM
I shall be getting it before Christmas

And probably getting stuck on the first puzzle, whereupon I will say things like 'hey everyone, wasnt that puzzle with the crate, the hose and the electric toothbrush easy!?' and wait for someone to say 'yeah, rewiring the toothbrush with the 16th century hatpin was so obvious'. Thereby ensuring that my adventure-playing streetcred remains intact.
 elTee
11-29-2003, 2:32 PM
I got it as soon as I saw it a few weeks ago. It quite shocked me at the time - I didn't think it was out for ages. Anyway, yes its very very good indeed. The 3d transition has worked wonderfully, using perhaps a simpler and better keyboard command system than Grim Fandango and Escape From Monkey Island. Its fun to play, the voice acting is as good as always and the same Broken Sword style music is there too. I love it :D
 scabb
11-29-2003, 4:16 PM
I like how George will gladly run up and down stairs, but Nico always walks.
 BooJaka
11-29-2003, 4:34 PM
I'm yet to play number 2 which I should hopefully be getting for Christmas. So I'll get it some time after when I can afford it.
 Bobo Donkey™
12-01-2003, 3:46 PM
I think I'll play BS 1 & 2 again before getting BS3

Funnily enough this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=117589) has me saying the same thing, but with Monkey Island instead }:¬)

I also saw Broken Sword 3 posters displayed and sealed up in the toilets of a shopping centre in the neighbor town to where I live, do you think I should take the risk of trying to pry one off?
 Joshi
12-02-2003, 10:11 AM
as soon as i get a compter than can take that kind of processing (oh it's very old at the mo)
 Oystein
12-05-2003, 4:48 PM
Buy yourself an Xbox, Joshi!
 netmonkey
12-06-2003, 5:41 AM
It's coming out on the XBOX this tuesday apparently....

I haven't seen it on PC in my local store yet... then again, my plan is to rent it for the xbox.
 Skinkie
12-07-2003, 5:01 AM
I downloaded the demo and now am impatiently awaiting its arrival into my local stores. The opening cutscene was especially fantastic looking.
 Lionheart GT
12-07-2003, 11:25 AM
i live in the UK, had it for the xbox but i returned it after a few days. Heres the plus and minus points:

+Voice acting is as good as the 1st 2
+Controls are easy
+Graphics are good in places
+Music is still great.

-Storyline is weak
-'Action' parts are pointless
-Far too much box pushing to flesh out the length
-Some glitchy and dull graphics in parts
-The puzzles arent as clever as the 1st or 2nd
-HORRENDOUS loading times

i got to prague and i couldnt be assed with it, not bad, but you may be dissapointed. I cant see why edge magazine gave it 9/10
 pebsmith
12-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Lionheart GT
i live in the UK, had it for the xbox but i returned it after a few days. Heres the plus and minus points:

+Voice acting is as good as the 1st 2
+Controls are easy
+Graphics are good in places
+Music is still great.

-Storyline is weak
-'Action' parts are pointless
-Far too much box pushing to flesh out the length
-Some glitchy and dull graphics in parts
-The puzzles arent as clever as the 1st or 2nd
-HORRENDOUS loading times

i got to prague and i couldnt be assed with it, not bad, but you may be dissapointed. I cant see why edge magazine gave it 9/10

As always, the PC loading times were nonexistent on my machine. I disagree with all the critiques except the action parts. They were pointless but it seems Revolution has a thing for them. Other than that though, great game I thought. Comparable to the first two.
 MrManager
12-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Playing it on the Xbox right now, and luvin' it. There are some loading times, more than there should and could be, but they aren't too bad. Worse is the fact that the game has crashed twice, which I've never experienced with a console game before. Overall, best adventure game in years and years for me though.
Page: 1 of 1