Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Teleportation Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Andur_Sunrider
11-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Ok for the past while Ive been trying to figure out how to get the npc to fly threw, Ive made the triggers bigger, and now everytime I fly in them, and blow up I get a message that say:

G_PickTarget called with NULL targetname
Couldnt find teleporter destination

Could someone please tell me what Im doing wrong. I have a trgger_teleporter brush, combined with a target_teleporter. Thought that was right.
 Mr. Chopper
11-28-2003, 12:31 AM
Did you link them correctly/at all ? First the brush must be selected, then the target_teleporter, and hit Ctrl+K.
 Andur_Sunrider
11-28-2003, 1:08 AM
Yep I did that, and still got that error, lol trust me I checked that right away. Thanks for trying though, appreciate it allot.
 WadeV1589
11-28-2003, 2:11 AM
A second thread?

Anyhow have you actually looked what a target_teleporter is? You'll find it's a teleporting entity, not a target for a trigger_teleport.

/*QUAKED target_teleporter (1 0 0) (-8 -8 -8) (8 8 8)
The activator will be teleported away.
*/

You were probably thinking of a misc_teleport_dest.

trigger_teleport->target_position and it will work fine.

Check harder next time :p
 Andur_Sunrider
11-28-2003, 2:23 AM
Thanks Wade, someone on the forums at map-center told me this a while ago. I know basics about editing but not to much.
Page: 1 of 1